• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    There was alot more stuff for sale this year than last year. There were several vendors selling PMAG's for 12-15$. Also about 3 vendors selling steel targets. I picked up a bunch of .40 and .224 bullets for CHEAP from xtreme and got a 10" 3/8" AR500 target for 30$ out the door from VPTT (local company). Most of the big firearms manufacturers have ALL of their stuff on display for you to handle.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Any booths in particular y'all recommend seeing? Any handgun displays? Wife is looking to get some hands on with a few for her first purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is so much stuff to see, would take days. I went to the shooting sports hall, and just started walking aisle by aisle, some displays were too buisy or didn't have anything I was interested in. The manufacturer displays are the best, S&W Walther, HK, FN, Sig, IWI etc. You can can handle models that local shops probably don't have, pull triggers, look at sights, see how they feel and how they look, and possibly plan to order one. The Sig Legion series was unexpectedly fantastic, must have a 226SAO legion. HK's gear was nice, and after trying out a LEM trigger, might have to put one in my USP45. Giessele had a display with ALL of their AR triggers, you can pull them all right next to each other and compare them in a way you normally couldn't. The reps know their stuff, and were more than happy to answer questions.

I'm not much of a hunter or fisherman, so didn't spend much time in those sections, did have fun on a tactical training sim in the arena, and the family loved the dog competitions. There is a family fun zone and "3 gun experience" by the south entrance in the hunting section, didn't get there till they were cleaning up, but wish I got to try it. Lots of trucks, 4wheelers and outdoor equipment to check out too.

So the Magpul booth DID have the stocks for sale? Do you recall if they had any on ODG and what the price was?

didn't look at the color, was looking for the D60 drums, saw the stocks sitting on the bottom shelf.

20160206_165304.jpg

20160206_165639.jpg

20160206_165301.jpg

20160206_173541.jpg

20160206_165253.jpg

20160206_163845.jpg

20160206_172127.jpg

20160206_165055.jpg

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Was a good time, was there al weekend. Got new furniture for my AR but the guy who sold it to me gave me the wrong size butt stock . Annoying to drive 1 1/2 hours back to find something didn't fit. Hopefully we can get it settled via the mail. I also picked up a vortex red dot at the nearby bass pro shop. Same cost as Amazon or anything online. For a handgun guy I sure spent a lot on my rifle lol.

All the NRA people I talked to were great, the vendors all friendly me some very cool things to see and check out. I am a S&W guy and liked to see the performance center pistols. Also glad to see the Sig 320s.

My 5 year old did pretty well at the air rifle range, made daddy proud.

I am glad I got us a room this year, spent two full days and still feel like I didn't get to see everything I wanted to. Maybe next year I'll add another day !

TD

Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    There is so much stuff to see, would take days. I went to the shooting sports hall, and just started walking aisle by aisle, some displays were too buisy or didn't have anything I was interested in. The manufacturer displays are the best, S&W Walther, HK, FN, Sig, IWI etc. You can can handle models that local shops probably don't have, pull triggers, look at sights, see how they feel and how they look, and possibly plan to order one. The Sig Legion series was unexpectedly fantastic, must have a 226SAO legion. HK's gear was nice, and after trying out a LEM trigger, might have to put one in my USP45. Giessele had a display with ALL of their AR triggers, you can pull them all right next to each other and compare them in a way you normally couldn't. The reps know their stuff, and were more than happy to answer questions.

I'm not much of a hunter or fisherman, so didn't spend much time in those sections, did have fun on a tactical training sim in the arena, and the family loved the dog competitions. There is a family fun zone and "3 gun experience" by the south entrance in the hunting section, didn't get there till they were cleaning up, but wish I got to try it. Lots of trucks, 4wheelers and outdoor equipment to check out too.

Thanks! This kinda really summed up what to look for. I love to hunt but since I only have the one day I'll try to go next year to see that. Looks like the shooting sports is going to be where I spend my time. I looked at the vendor list and it was huge. Looking at the map......Goodness. I just hope I have time to see everything in that one building.

bigcityjake

Sep 16, 2014
    Did anyone notice if vendors were selling rifles? I saw the earlier posts that this isn't a "gun show" and I was just curious if I should head to Virginia instead. Thanks

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Anyone going to cabelas in Hamburg while in PA? Something for sale I wanted (a hat), but didn't purchase at the time. No longer online, and not really looking to make a round trip drive. Will be willing to trade ammo or money if you go.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I just wish I could go during the week. R.lee ermy is gonna be there wednesday and I think stone cold steve austin will be too. Jase and phil robertson from duck dynasty will be there friday.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I just saw that an sbr subgun was stolen from a display on the opening day.

MarkHostetter PrecisionFirearms
    This 9mm SBR was stolen last Sat the 6th of Feb, from our booth at the Great American Outdoor Show. We are offering a $3000 reward for information leading to the return of rifle and arrest and conviction of perpetrators. Serial number F150153. Precision Firearms PF15F. It was our one and only prototype 9mm Subgun.
    Share this post and make it as difficult as possible for the thieves to sell it or use it. 2 guys and a woman. White.
    860d481c88597f56ca624176fef293d8.jpg

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I just saw that an sbr subgun was stolen from a display on the opening day.

MarkHostetter PrecisionFirearms
    This 9mm SBR was stolen last Sat the 6th of Feb, from our booth at the Great American Outdoor Show. We are offering a $3000 reward for information leading to the return of rifle and arrest and conviction of perpetrators. Serial number F150153. Precision Firearms PF15F. It was our one and only prototype 9mm Subgun.
    Share this post and make it as difficult as possible for the thieves to sell it or use it. 2 guys and a woman. White.
    860d481c88597f56ca624176fef293d8.jpg

Terrible news. Can't imagine the stupidity of stealing something like that. Makes me wonder how many other firearms are stolen at shows that we never hear about.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I hope the firing pin was removed to the show at least so they can't use it easily. One of your guys helped me out a lot with a purchase (even though one thing didn't fit but I am sure we can work that out) and you guys seem like good people. Even better you're in my home town Martinsburg!

I hope this all works out, TD

SugeMike

Nov 28, 2015
    Went here today as well. First timer and I have to say what a blast!! Plan on going for the years to come.

Snagged a Summit Viper tree stand for a great price.

Buddies I-Phone showed us walking over 7 miles and over 15000 steps... Still dont think we saw everything.

Great show.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I just can't understand why people leave expensive guns lying around on their tables without at least tying them up or putting them in a display case.
    I was at a gun show last year and they announced a $5,000 antique pistol was stolen from someone's table. The owner just had it sitting there for anyone to pick up.
    There are simple things people can and should do to make it harder for thieves.
    More on the stolen gun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom