Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis

mother-of-god-super-troopers-gif-i9.jpeg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just came in after 5 weeks on backorder.

Its a small version of a traditional Scandinavian forest axe. 3 1/4", 2lb head, 19" handle.

Gränfors Bruk is a small 30 person forge in Sweden. Each one is custom crafted by a blacksmith, who strikes their initials into the head of each one.

Came already sharpened with a mirror finish. It is certainly the nicest axe I have ever owned. Intend to use it as a backpack/camping axe, and keep in in my truck in between.

Got mine yesterday. Thanks for the ordering tip. It's a thing of rugged beauty. Should have ordered two. :thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Congrats !

If you haven't done it already, you can see who made your axe by consulting this page: https://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/production/
    Thanks! I checked the book, which also had the names. I got an MB, which I believe is a female smith. I also ordered another. I actually got the first as a bday gift for a friend with a wood burning stove that uses it as a primary heat source in winter. He has larger axes and a shed that keeps cords of wood, but this would make a nice complement for the inside of the home.

Problem was that I liked it too much after getting it, so now I needed a second so I could have one too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    Thanks! I checked the book, which also had the names. I got an MB, which I believe is a female smith. I also ordered another. I actually got the first as a bday gift for a friend with a wood burning stove that uses it as a primary heat source in winter. He has larger axes and a shed that keeps cords of wood, but this would make a nice complement for the inside of the home.

Problem was that I liked it too much after getting it, so now I needed a second so I could have one too.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I got a new firepit for the backyard yesterday and used that excuse to go out and limb some fallen trees for of kindling. It is nicely balanced and the gentle slope of the bit cut aggressively. The handle is perfectly shaped for its length, and just long enough to get some good chopping power. And you can slide the strap of the cover through your belt and carry it that way as you hold the wood on the way back.

They don't recommend using the poll for heavy pounding, but I think it is fine for tasks like tentpegs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom