• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Was the old governor on our side?
    edit:
    he claims they are looking into the constitutionality of the bills so if he is serious he won’t sign them…
    He's just looking for a way to play wordplay to make it appear to be constitutional

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes Sir, thank you. Everyone should watch.
    I got part way through and as usual, I get a thought reaction.

Shit for brains. The reason the GOP and We 2A folks stand up for our right to bear the arms we are entitled to is because
    unlike you and your kind, WE do not have armed protective services at our disposal.

There are other reasons, but I will finish watching the video.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The governor is going to be the president of the United States. This is the way he gets political capital going after guns.

I hope they find a dead hooker in his storage locker and than his dream of President is washed away, he is Obama 2.0

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    There is no "fighting" this. OH you can try as many here do....writing sternly worded letters to their reps. The democrats throw them in the trash and the republicans have no power to change anything. They attend rallies and go before our politicians and speak out against these infringements in Annapolis. They make phone calls and send emails...

And after 40+ years gun control in Maryland has now reached the retard level..

You have 2 choices...you can live within the laws of the state
    Or you can move out.

Because nothing is going to change....not at the state level..
    Or you could not comply. I mean they don't really charge it anyway.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    There is no "fighting" this. OH you can try as many here do....writing sternly worded letters to their reps. The democrats throw them in the trash and the republicans have no power to change anything. They attend rallies and go before our politicians and speak out against these infringements in Annapolis. They make phone calls and send emails...

And after 40+ years gun control in Maryland has now reached the retard level..

You have 2 choices...you can live within the laws of the state
    Or you can move out.

Because nothing is going to change....not at the state level..
    Call me a thorn in their rose bush.

Good thing Americans didn't have such a defeatist attitude during WW2.

Such negativity is not appreciated here :smack:
    LOL not even close to a legit compassion. The American people have been given the tool to not only ignore laws that are an affront to the constitution, they have been given the tool to remove those who violate the constitution...we are just too scared to use it...

And don't give me the old "you go first" response. It's played out and just another excuse why eventually we ARE going to lose our right to bear arms...

(and many of you will trip over each other trying to be the first to hand them in)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And don't give me the old "you go first" response. It's played out
    I don’t recall you ever even once actually responding to questions about why you don’t take any of the actions you’re scolding other people for not taking. “Played out” indeed.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    It's like you missed Bruen entirely...

I hear you that the politicians aren't going to change their stripes. But several of them, if smacked hard enough by the courts, will get the message. You could even hear it in the hearings. A number DID vote for SB1 and HB824 with a "I also don't think this will pass constitutional muster". Once it becomes "I know it won't", a few of them will change to nos. The support for the bills will weaken. Some like Clippinger, despite his twisted logic this session, I think isn't going to be so kind once the courts make it clear this is unacceptable.

Bruen makes it clear, but not solid on sensitive places. If or when NJ/NY hits SCOTUS, expect a much shorter opinion making it crystal clear what is and is not acceptable for sensitive places. If Thomas is writing it, I'd expect it to be a very short and clear list with no wiggle room. Even several of the other conservative justices would likely do the same.

I have zero doubt they'll keep finding no ways to attack gun rights. Zero doubt. But what they can attack and the ease courts shoot them down will keep getting easier.

You have the Jenkins of the world out in Ill with wrong twisted logic defying Bruen on Ill new AWB. Once there is a SCOTUS decision on AWB, that's going to make it real hard to avoid clear protections and legal precedent. Until then, liberal justices can use "unusually dangerous" to mean whatever the F they want, when it is real clear that semi-automatic firearms are not unusual in the least.
    That's the thing. I find it a total travesty the courts and especially SCOTUS takes their lovely time addressing issues that go against the Constitution....particularly 2A issues. Anytime 2A issues come up, it should be on a fast tract to be ruled on. And in the case of an official ruling with Bruen, cases challenging unconstitutional laws defying Bruen should be ruled on immediately and with clarity to prevent more of this stupid word smithing to try to work around Bruen.

If the above happens, it will cut down significantly on these nonsense laws.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This quote shows how stupid he is…

““We’re going through and checking on the constitutionality now, but, yes, I plan on signing them soon,” Moore, a Democrat, said.

… you cannot say you’re checking on the Constitutionality and then sign the bill, unless you’re a moron.

Or a lying sociopathic vote-grubbing toadying Progressive shill for Soros and Bloomberg.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It would be great for him to sign it...then have it get a fairly quick slap down in court. Totally diminish his administrations credibility on any other 2A "Constitutionality" questions for the rest of his time in office.
    The bulk of the people paying attention to the Pronouncements of Moore et al never get past the clickbait headline. That's all the facts they need.

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    If only someone in the office at the school in Nashville had been carrying a weapon, then maybe the only person to have died that day would have been the homicidal person. If only someone in that Asian club in California had a weapon... There's so many cases of mass shootings being stopped quickly by responsible armed citizens it seems to me we need more of that in more places, not less Governor.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    He is a “ post turtle”. I think it was someone on this forum that explained it. It’s a Texas thing. Rednecks would put a turtle on a fence post. People would wonder how it got there. Obviously, some idiot put him there. He didn’t get there by himself.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If only someone in the office at the school in Nashville had been carrying a weapon, then maybe the only person to have died that day would have been the homicidal person. If only someone in that Asian club in California had a weapon... There's so many cases of mass shootings being stopped quickly by responsible armed citizens it seems to me we need more of that in more places, not less Governor.

You seem to think that he's in favor of fewer deaths. You would be mistaken in that; the more death, the more necessary he becomes, to protect his flock from the depredations of the Lawfully Armed.

Fear for the win!

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    “One, the Bruen decision by the Supreme Court was wrong — full stop,” Moore said.

Oh, how nice that Wes Moore has the authority to just override SCOTUS

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    “One, the Bruen decision by the Supreme Court was wrong — full stop,” Moore said.

Oh, how nice that Wes Moore has the authority to just override SCOTUS
    Just WoW… don’t even think he has a law degree but can tell SCOTUS is wrong… going to be a rough few years…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom