• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hummm.

Despite lukewarm feelings among all twelve or so conservative voters in Md , Hogan has the best chance to be a two term Republican Gov since Theodore McKeldin.

Trump might actually follow through with some pro-gun initives.

And while hard core leftists will never change , at a certain point non-politicals in the middle will realize they lack rights enjoyed by residents of nearby states who regularly work, shop, and otherwise spend time in Md.

Not a great scenario, , but more likely than second place scenario ( for politically initiated progress).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hummm.

And while hard core leftists will never change , at a certain point non-politicals in the middle will realize they lack rights enjoyed by residents of nearby states who regularly work, shop, and otherwise spend time in Md.

especially when those people start legal CCW ias you imply.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hummm.

Despite lukewarm feelings among all twelve or so conservative voters in Md , Hogan has the best chance to be a two term Republican Gov since Theodore McKeldin.

Trump might actually follow through with some pro-gun initives.

Not a great scenario, , but more likely than second place scenario ( for politically initiated progress).

It will only come to pass when and if the masses in the middle of the road actually feel threatened enough to consider arming themselves, and suddenly find out that all those "loopholes" they've been hearing about are non-existent. Motivation for change is important; inertia is king in MD politics.

If all the folks here who talk about leaving Maryland actually do so, ridding the state of G&S will be even harder to accomplish.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    what's your plan besides being a negative Nancy?

I would like to see Hogan do something,anything pro constitution and. Pro 2a. Something to give the many like me a reason to get out and vote for him a second time.

Simple. But I believe he doesn't have the balls for it because it will interfere with his political ambitions.

Not being negative just looking at the facts realistically. It's sad really.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I think all sides of this discussion are right.

a) Hogan won't do anything because he lacks the political will.
    b) He is still better than the usual DEM candidate.
    c) We are all frustrated by the lack of any movement.
    d) Some of us can stay home next election and we can go back to the MOM politics as usual, infringe and tax and spend plans.
    e) National Recognition will prompt the MGA to do exactly nothing positive and may even give them the excuse to go all out with regards to TPM.

It seems for the pro COTUS citizens of MD, we really are going to be between a RINO and hard case next election. It really is sad that we have come to this place so close to where the Republic started all those years ago.:sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I would like to see Hogan do something,anything pro constitution and. Pro 2a. Something to give the many like me a reason to get out and vote for him a second time.

Simple. But I believe he doesn't have the balls for it because it will interfere with his political ambitions.

Not being negative just looking at the facts realistically. It's sad really.

Not busting ba!!s here.

Gov. Hogan is a politician. His chosen profession is politics. Yet you're asking him to do something that would jeopardize his profession/job.

If Gov. Hogan asked you to do something that would, in all likelihood, jeopardize your profession would you do it? Would you sacrifice yourself for the sake of your local community/neighborhood. They profit, but you do not.

Again, not busting ba!!s. Just trying to get folks to see things from the other side.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Not busting ba!!s here.

Gov. Hogan is a politician. His chosen profession is politics. Yet you're asking him to do something that would jeopardize his profession/job.

If Gov. Hogan asked you to do something that would, in all likelihood, jeopardize your profession would you do it? Would you sacrifice yourself for the sake of your local community/neighborhood. They profit, but you do not.

Again, not busting ba!!s. Just trying to get folks to see things from the other side.

I have been asked to lie, cheat and steel for my job or else. I chose or else and found different employment.

Hogan got my vote as other politicians have and I have always wanted my representation recognized. When it's not they in turn don't ever get my vote again.

It's simple, I expect things from people. When I don't get it then fvckem. I am a simple man.

And like I said, all he has to do is something,anything. But others are satisfied with nothing and believe nothing is something.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Amazing that we have members here who will make fun of millennials who want right out of college what it took their parents 35 years to achieve bitch and moan that Hogan hasn't turned the state Shall Issue in two years and now are going to take their pacifier and play in another sandbox next election.

Grow up, and welcome to the real world. Don't like it and want some instant gratification? Every state surrounding us is Shall Issue or Constitutional Carry except that bastard child Delaware and even then your permit is just a newspaper ad away so vote with your feet. I don't care if your family has been here since Christopher Columbus, you're either part of the solution or you are the problem. I don't remember running into any of you who are bitching the loudest in this thread working to elect pro 2A candidates this election cycle or seeing your posts of the same and yet you continue to snipe at Hogan with a .338 QWERTY. Great for upping your post count but doesn't do jack to advance the 2A in this state.

You can vote for anyone not named Hogan next time and if we go back to a gun grabbing Dem in the state house will you feel better then? You're like children throwing a tantrum because your binky is on the other side of an election cycle.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As some have noted, in MD doing nothing IS doing something.

If you don't agree, vote for the Dems or sit the next one out in protest and see what you get.

I'm not happy with Hogan's 2A performance, but I'm not a single issue voter either. Personally I am hopeful a 2nd term will bring some positive changes. But we know what removing a 2nd term wil do. More Dem anti gun legislation and more anto behavior from the MSP LD under a Dem.

Seems like an easy choice to me.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Seems like the next election will be similar to what a lot of voters were feeling during this last presidential election, not voting for someone but voting against someone else...

There were many that were not voting for Trump but against clinton. I will not be voting for Hogan but against (insert rabid democrat name here).

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Here are your choices at Merry-Land's next Governor...

Democrat = Frosh...

Republican = Hogan = What you have seen is what you will get...

Which is better for gun owners..?

Keep in mind that 65% your neighbors voted AGAINST ANY & ALL REPUBLICANS just last month...

Instead they chose to elect Anthony Brown & Chris Van Hollen both are extreme ANTI GUN candidates & both will be continuously re-elected for the next 20 - 30 years...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here are your choices at Merry-Land's next Governor...

Democrat = Frosh...

Republican = Hogan = What you have seen is what you will get...

Which is better for gun owners..?

Keep in mind that 65% your neighbors voted AGAINST ANY & ALL REPUBLICANS just last month...

Instead they chose to elect Anthony Brown & Chris Van Hollen both are extreme ANTI GUN candidates & both will be continuously re-elected for the next 20 - 30 years...

And someone who is not a Dem in charge of redistricting. This is the key to long term change in this state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom