• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    It has taken a year of standard MD BS and jumping threw hoops but it finally came today. It has restrictions, but that was always expected. I plan to make use of this every chance I get.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    What did it take? Did you make any special effort or have any specific qualification that helped you with the state?

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I am in the process of filling mine out now, w/ G&S. any tips to make the process go faster?

Give them as much supporting info as possible. Don't think anything is obvious.
    Use as many things you do or have training in support of your request. They are big on bank statements for business requests, but it does not have to be large deposits. If you are first denied like I was, get the informal hearing. They seem to use a bit more common sense at that point. Good luck.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    What did it take? Did you make any special effort or have any specific qualification that helped you with the state?

It took a lot of back and forth. They don't pay a lot of attention it seems at times because at one point they asked me for proof of threats when I applied because of being an instructor.

After being denied, I had an informal hearing and all they wanted was a letter from my club that verified I was an instructor there, and I the got it 5 days later.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm making ready to get Utah in the works. Then I'll start on VA.

So how many states can you carry in now with your 7 permits?

Looks like if you start with the UT permit you get 32 states, since CO, MI, and FL won't honor the UT non-resident permit. A FL permit then gives you FL, KS, and NM.

But here's the insult. For all that it takes to get a MD permit, if you already have UT and FL, you would only gain MI. A PA permit would do that.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I can carry in 39 states so far. I am also going to get NV since Az no longer covers me there. I will also apply for a Pa since they seem to be dropping states they take these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom