• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eluxman

Mar 21, 2014
    Joppa
    So I got my MD CCW permit now my question is what other states should I apply for ? I own a place in VA a friend said I should apply for a FL & PA
    I travel to Maine & Colorado also
    Thanks

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So I got my MD CCW permit now my question is what other states should I apply for ? I own a place in VA a friend said I should apply for a FL & PA
    Thanks

PA will issue you a permit because of you holding a Maryland Wear and Carry permit. York County is extremely friendly with this.

VA will be good if you spend a lot of time down there, as you don't have to worry about getting too close to a school (can't be within 1000ft of a school without a state-issued permit).

UT is always good.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks

Get the VA and the PA and the Maine and the FL non resident permits. Colo will not issue a non-resident permit. Non resident UT is good as it is recognized in a lot states, but you will need the UT training course for that. Taught in the area from time to time. Overlap in reciprocity among the states is a good thing. See FOPA, 18 USC 926A (must be able to demonstrate when transporting between states that it is legal for you to possess and carry in your place of origin AND in your place of destination). Nothing proves that like a permit.

www.handgunlaw.us is your friend. Get to know that site very well and check it (and the links on the state page) before you go to any other state.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Get the VA and the PA and the Maine and the FL non resident permits. Colo will not issue a non-resident permit. Non resident UT is good as it is recognized in a lot states, but you will need the UT training course for that. Taught in the area from time to time. Overlap in reciprocity among the states is a good thing. See FOPA, 18 USC 926A (must be able to demonstrate when transporting between states that it is legal for you to possess and carry in your place of origin AND in your place of destination). Nothing proves that like a permit.

www.handgunlaw.us is your friend. Get to know that site very well and check it (and the links on the state page) before you go to any other state.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I think your question has been well answered but just wanted to say congratulations!

:thumbsup:

JazzyD

Sep 6, 2015

Since 7/01/2016, the Commonwealth of Virginia honors permits issued by all states.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    PA will issue you a permit because of you holding a Maryland Wear and Carry permit. York County is extremely friendly with this.

VA will be good if you spend a lot of time down there, as you don't have to worry about getting too close to a school (can't be within 1000ft of a school without a state-issued permit).

UT is always good.

Do you need to have an unrestricted MD CCW for PA to issue you a PA ccw permit? I have md ccw for business only and am wondering if PA would give me an unrestricted ccw

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Do you need to have an unrestricted MD CCW for PA to issue you a PA ccw permit? I have md ccw for business only and am wondering if PA would give me an unrestricted ccw

Yep, PA will issue you a carry permit (PA doesn't have restrictions BTW).

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I don't believe do. Any will do.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The only downside with UT is the UT specific training required. FL accepts NRA Basic Pistol and state Hunter Safety training.

FL requires live fire for everything except hunter training.

UT has no live fire requirement.

either is good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom