• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRevolution

Dec 21, 2012
    Went into the local dicks sporting goods to have a look this afternoon. I have been toying with the thought of picking up a new .22 bolt action to play with at the range since Ive got a rack of .22 ammo and shooting the AR feels like Im throwing 55grs of gold down the range.

I ended up buying a savage mark II for 189$, thought it was a decent price. I get home open the box and inside is a savage model 64 semi auto! Called them up immediately and told them about the mistake; they said bring it back and they will exchange it for the correct gun.

I get back and the guy who sold it to me was off his shift. The new employees are very embarassed about the mistake. I assured them it was no big deal and I did not want the other employee to be in trouble because it was as much my fault as his for leaving with the incorrect item. I had to redo paperwork which was a pain but the manager gave me $100 off. So that is what makes this deal smookkkkinnnn!

Miykael

Feb 14, 2013
    That was good of them to try and thank you for being honest and for your time by giving you that discount.

Which Dick's did you go to?

I've never been to the one in Hagerstown but I've heard they have pulled way back on anything firearm related.

Any truth to that or is that just FUD?

TheRevolution

Dec 21, 2012
    I went to the one in Wheaton as it is the closest one near me in PG. They had full racks of rifles/shotguns. They had some rifle ammo on the shelf, I saw 30-30, 243, 270, 22-250 the same stuff the doesnt really seem to sell out anywhere. No 223 to be seen and it looked like they havent had any in a while as some packs of targets were stocked where the 223 usually is. Saw a couple boxes of 45acp, .17 and .22 shotshells behind the counter.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    That was good of them to try and thank you for being honest and for your time by giving you that discount.

Which Dick's did you go to?

I've never been to the one in Hagerstown but I've heard they have pulled way back on anything firearm related.

Any truth to that or is that just FUD?

I was at the Dick's in Hagerstown on Sunday they had NO handgun ammo but a nice collection of rifles and shotguns
    I saw a rifle I had just purchased on gunbroker that I could not find anywhere else

Rossi Rio Grande 45-70 stainless

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah, holy crap...if they had done that to someone with fewer scruples what would have happened with to their FFL? Damn right rewarding you is a big deal, and I bet the employee gets fired.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    That's good to know. Since this is a newer store, maybe they are
    trying to keep a good image.
    Mike is a good guy - he says he gets swamped
    from calls all day long about ammo stock.
    I live about 2 miles from there -
    if I find anything I will buy it and pass it on -
    mainly 22lr, 9mm Luger
    (jeez, who knew there were that many Lugers out there)
    and .223.
    7.62 seems to be really available now online.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    How'd you get it out like that? Did the salesman and a manager not verify the model and SN? Did they walk you out of the store? When I bought my 93R a couple of weeks ago everything was checked to a tee.

kudos for the honesty. Integrity is an easy thing to keep but hard to recover. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    and I bet the employee gets fired.
    I hope not - it's not like it had a super duper capacity
    magazine clip (frosh's word) assault automatic gun...
    could scare the crap out of everyone in the department
    with a stern lecture, though. Learning event.
    (and you wonder why some gun shops are so 'serious' and not happy go funny?)

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    You should always look @ what you are buying before leaving, especially from these box stores. I have seens some rusted bores, etc...

TheRevolution

Dec 21, 2012
    How'd you get it out like that? Did the salesman and a manager not verify the model and SN? Did they walk you out of the store? When I bought my 93R a couple of weeks ago everything was checked to a tee.

Cudos for the honesty. Integrity is an easy thing to keep but hard to recover. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The model 64 semi auto and the mark II i wanted were the same exact price. The guy that sold it to me just opened the box to put in some disclaimer receipt they make you sign and I didnt look hard enough at it to check the action on the gun. I just assumed he grabbed the right one. He did walk it to the curb with me.

I hope not - it's not like it had a super duper capacity
    magazine clip (frosh's word) assault automatic gun...
    could scare the crap out of everyone in the department
    with a stern lecture, though. Learning event.
    (and you wonder why some gun shops are so 'serious' and not happy go funny?)

I hope he doesnt get fired, but sadly he might. From talking to him, the store is very strict on policy regarding gun sales and the mistake, while not a big deal to me undoubtedly got their attention.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I hope he doesnt get fired, but sadly he might. From talking to him, the store is very strict on policy regarding gun sales and the mistake, while not a big deal to me undoubtedly got their attention
    I would use this, if I were a manager - as a strict lesson...
    a teachable moment
    and maybe put the guy on probation...
    Perhaps he could be re-assigned to a different dept. - like they do with
    Gov employees.. but to lose his job? THESE DAYS?

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I thought we were supposed to learn from our mistakes?

OH and
    PICS OF THE GUN OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    annapolis lawmaker thinks....

gee law abiding gun owners....

we gotta DO something about that....

I KNOW - MAKE NEW LAWS!!!!

GOOD on you REVOLUTION !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics