• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    How do check my hql status online
    A couple of thoughts as you start your journey in MDS!
    You first of all should change your address that is listed below your name!

Second, we tend to look suspicious at peoe who registered and posted in the middle of the night/mourning. So please introduce yourself in the forums introduction section. It doesn't need to be long, just tell us a little about you and why you joined!

You might safe yourself from allot of postings and really find the answers to questions.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    For your own security, you should be more general on your location….Baltimore or Union Square or Hollins Market.

Don’t feel like Google Mapping or Earthing your address but I know your in one of those neighborhoods and close to the B&O Museum. I used to ride the #8 and assorted MTA buses during my high school days. My folks thought it would build character vs riding a yellow bus.

Just don’t use, “SOWEBO” or some of us real Baltimorons will know you ain’t a local.

So Mr Johnson, as mentioned, please go to the introductions and please tell us abour the Empowerment that your offering.

I think you’re going to have an interesting story to share.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    How long ago did you submit it? I believe they send you an email to notify you that it's issued. Don't bother calling MSP before 30 days is up.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    i took my class but and wanna known my status
    If you only took the class, then you don't have an HQL unless you actually applied for, paid for, and received a card or email letter from MSP.

On that notice it would say what date the license expires.

If you would like to know if you still have an HQL or need a replacement, you can do it online here by emailing:
    msp.hql@maryland.gov

-or-

Snail mail here:
    Commander Maryland State Police
    Licensing Division
    Handgun Qualification Unit
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, Maryland 21208

If you found out you have a license and need to request a replacement, you can order it here:

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You have to go to your portal to check status, that's assuming you filed an application.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you've ever had one, it's still good .

The very first ones won't expire until this October .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    MSP website is a PITA. I don't have a hard copy of my HQL. You'd think that they know who you are, and would fill in the requisite HQL number automatically, but you'd be wrong. Also your password will have expired, so you have to go theru the dog and pony show to get a new one, and hope that nothing goes wrong with your computer, because you'll never remember the thing in a month or so.

Have to dig thru the wallet, hoping that the little slip of paper that I wrote it on still exists, and remains legible.

MSP is always trying to find a new way to make your life miserable. At least they're good at something.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    If you only took the class, then you don't have an HQL unless you actually applied for, paid for, and received a card or email letter from MSP.

On that notice it would say what date the license expires.

If you would like to know if you still have an HQL or need a replacement, you can do it online here by emailing:
    msp.hql@maryland.gov

-or-

Snail mail here:
    Commander Maryland State Police
    Licensing Division
    Handgun Qualification Unit
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, Maryland 21208

If you found out you have a license and need to request a replacement, you can order it here:
    Yep - LOTS of context/info missing in the OP. Did he get his prints? Submit the application? If neither of these in addition to the course, then there's not going to be a HQL (or an app to check the status of) until that happens. If he did, the portal is the answer on status. Not much more to it than that.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    MSP website is a PITA. I don't have a hard copy of my HQL. You'd think that they know who you are, and would fill in the requisite HQL number automatically, but you'd be wrong. Also your password will have expired, so you have to go theru the dog and pony show to get a new one, and hope that nothing goes wrong with your computer, because you'll never remember the thing in a month or so.

Have to dig thru the wallet, hoping that the little slip of paper that I wrote it on still exists, and remains legible.

MSP is always trying to find a new way to make your life miserable. At least they're good at something.

You can always go to a previously completed 77r on the portal and the top right of section 7 will have your HQL number listed.

I’m not disagreeing that it’s all BS but just a thought in case you lose your slip of paper and can’t get into the HQL portion of the site.

They auto fill everything else about your personal info, not sure why that field isn’t included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom