• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I think .45acp and .308 might be same shellplate too. Maybe that means pins too if the have the same centers.
    Not always.

The parent case of the 300BLK is 223. Hence the reason for conversion of 223 to 300BLK.

Calipers to measure the base of the case, the indented ring for the extractor, and other measurements are needed, before doing that.

Dillon did have a list of compatible shell plates and calibers. I'm not sure if they still do or not.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    +1 on my memory.

I found my chart that came with my 550B and able to share now. Hopefully it can be zoomed in. It was only the one page back in 1997. Folks can email Dillon to double check for newer stuff.
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    You sir, are awesome.
    Thanks! Check out the link from Dillon's website.

I went retracing my steps to figure out how I began reloading 6.8SPC, a new caliber since I got my gear. Looks like I had found the chart but I had an email from Dillon to confirm too. I had thought another plate I had would work but they confirmed what was on the chart, etc. I had to buy the new shell plate for it. With 45acp and 6.8 I just did handloading without the progressive mode and didn't get the powder funnel and added powder measures. Stuff is just so expensive now or hard to find so I'm using different brand dies and not buying full conversion kits for stuff I'm just doing in small batches.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    "The data in the one book, one caliber books is horribly out of date. I wouldn't use those at all."
    Many have been updated.
    As for the rest that's fine you do just that.
    I will however mention I've been using it absolutely trouble-free for .303 Brit, &.62 NATO, .38 Spl & .357 Mag for some time so I don't think its that drastic a difference. I DID also mention to have a couple of "normal" reloading manuals & check to compare modern & older recipes.

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    My 2 cents on this is to get yourself a small LED, mount it above the bullet seating station and use your eyes to confirm a correct powder charge before seating a bullet. Every. Single. Round.
    these guys make some nice stuff

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    20240312_203223.jpg

I know.this is a 650 and not a 550 but it's just a pic to illustrate the value of a strip of LEDs around the frame. It's a game.changer. went to this last year and I should have done it long before.

I also fabricated mounts to allow me.to put mirrors on the ceiling to see into the case feeders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom