• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I heard that the thread adapter is only for things like flash hiders and FAKE suppressors. To use with a real suppressor put too much back pressure on it. It can fly off the end.

JessyPR

Υ Σ Μ Χ
    Feb 26, 2013
    AA County
    Great find! I got my black/stainless TD from Dick's for $279 during the frenzy. A multicam one would be a great addition to my collection :D

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Guess they recently dropped the prices on them. Over the past 6 months Dicks was charging $349

Sent with a Gen 2 Nexus 7

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I picked up a 10/22 takedown in the new multicam today at dicks in Cockeysville. This was the first time I've seen on in multicam and I think it looks pretty cool. I paid $279 for it and I think they have one more left.

As if we needed additional proof, here is one more reason why Dick's SUCKS 'EM-

Seeing this deal, I called this AM and found that both the Cockeysville and the Hanover Dick's had a takedown multicam still in stock. Hearing the good news and considering the fact that I've been trying to buy one of these for 10 fvcking months now, I jump in my car and race to the store- an hour out of my way- only to get to the counter and find out that in anticipation of Black Friday "Deals", these inveterate a$$holes jacked the price up from $279 to $399. I even have the employee call and double check the price at Cockeysville and sure enough, $399 with a special $20 off discount making it $379. They were "unable to do anything for me" and suggested I come back and fight the crowds on Black Friday, when the prices were likely to be lower.

:mad54:PHVCK DICK'S!!!:mad54:

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

Seeing this deal, I called this AM and found that both the Cockeysville and the Hanover Dick's had a takedown multicam still in stock. Hearing the good news and considering the fact that I've been trying to buy one of these for 10 fvcking months now, I jump in my car and race to the store- an hour out of my way- only to get to the counter and find out that in anticipation of Black Friday "Deals", these inveterate a$$holes jacked the price up from $279 to $399. I even have the employee call and double check the price at Cockeysville and sure enough, $399 with a special $20 off discount making it $379. They were "unable to do anything for me" and suggested I come back and fight the crowds on Black Friday, when the prices were likely to be lower.

Was the price ever $279 in the first place? I've NEVER seen them that low. The prices for the Takedown models have always been $349 for the black and $379 for the Multicam.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA

So did you get it?

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    So did you get it?
    :lol:

Suffice it to say I left w/o a penny leaving my wallet or a kind word leaving my mouth. I said nothing rude or unkind and simply smiled(perhaps wryly) and voted with my feet.

If I eventually find one, I find one but I have certainly seen them sold for less than $379/sale and won't again foolishly drive before DOUBLE-checking the price.

I like the TALO version as much as the takedown so we'll eventually see whether or not it's in the cards for me!

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Perhaps the OP got assistance from a lowly Dick's employee who made the mistake of ringing it up at the Black Friday discounted price?

Nope...I asked about that very thing and the guy at Hanover said they are individually priced per unit and they ring up as whatever they are programmed to ring up for including the sales prices. Additionally, they will not be sold for $279 even on Black Friday as the programmed price for that sale is higher.

In my estimation, either the OP got very, very lucky or he inadvertently typed a "2" instead of a "3".

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nope...I asked about that very thing and the guy at Hanover said they are individually priced per unit and they ring up as whatever they are programmed to ring up for including the sales prices. Additionally, they will not be sold for $279 even on Black Friday as the programmed price for that sale is higher.

In my estimation, either the OP got very, very lucky or he inadvertently typed a "2" instead of a "3".

I vote for the mistype.

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland

Makes more sense. Maybe the OP can clarify this for us.

I was getting all excited and thought about heading to Dick's on BF, but I'm figuring that I shouldn't even bother with them any more, and just hit up BassPro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom