• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If that bill passes or we get national reciprocity where non-residents of MD can carry and we can't it will really drive me up a wall.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    how does this work if you have a fla permit and a va non res permit and can now carry in 30+ states? when this passes then our fla permits and va non res permits no longer work in the states we can carry in now??

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    how would it make it harder for the GA to not make md shall carry?

Two Reasons:

1.) Most people in MD aren't used to seeing guns being carried. When people start seeing it, and more importantly, when it goes on the news that "PA resident shoots car jacker" it's going to be hard for the GA to say to a MD resident, "Sorry, not you."

2.) Many people believe what they see, and many people don't have the means to travel far. They see only the gang bangers carrying guns in their neighborhoods. They've never experienced being with people legally carrying, and once they realize that people with permits don't shoot each other over someone looking at someone wrong, they may come around.

how does this work if you have a fla permit and a va non res permit and can now carry in 30+ states? when this passes then our fla permits and va non res permits no longer work in the states we can carry in now??

You would be able to carry in all 50 states through your FL resident permit.

Non-Resident permits might still exist, for those who live in the Northeast+CA.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Those agreements won't be changed by this, but the permits will allow for carry in all but the state of residence.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

A lot of those states have reciprocity agreements. Until and unless states stopped issuing NR permits I would assume you would still be GTG.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/u...Carry-Reciprocity-Act-of-2017-Rep.-Hudson.pdf

Page 2 line 17.

Must be issued by the state of residence.

So visitors to MD could carry, non resident permits would not mean anything while here (assuming you are MD resident)

You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?

Remember that this is the initial language of the bill, it could get amended to include a permit issued from any state or jurisdiction.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I seem to see an "or" inbetween. As in a permit issued by "a" state, OR able to carry concealed in their home state. Meaning the later section is to allow 50 state carry by people from Con Carry states.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i suspect this could create a MAJOR conundrum in states like ours. especially if we can rally and do a repeat of a 2013 turnout in annapolis, by folks who are denied their basic right. since that time, i have done due diligence in educating folks on why they have to get an HQL and how difficult it is to get a permit, they just look at me in frustration and bewilderment. yet i suspect when all the wrinkles get ironed out, many in this forum will be, may be pleased, at the outcome. :shrug:

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Yeah there is zero chance the MGA makes this state shall issue over this. The more likely outcome would be for the Attorney General to join a lawsuit against it and as that will likely drag out for many years they will hope they get back to power and can repeal it before they are ever forced into anything.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Two Reasons:

1.) Most people in MD aren't used to seeing guns being carried. When people start seeing it, and more importantly, when it goes on the news that "PA resident shoots car jacker" it's going to be hard for the GA to say to a MD resident, "Sorry, not you."

2.) Many people believe what they see, and many people don't have the means to travel far. They see only the gang bangers carrying guns in their neighborhoods. They've never experienced being with people legally carrying, and once they realize that people with permits don't shoot each other over someone looking at someone wrong, they may come around.

You would be able to carry in all 50 states through your FL resident permit.

Non-Resident permits might still exist, for those who live in the Northeast+CA.

Also it gives us a better position to argue against the need for G&S in that everyone from the other shall issue states can carry here without G&S.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Yeah there is zero chance the MGA makes this state shall issue over this. The more likely outcome would be for the Attorney General to join a lawsuit against it and as that will likely drag out for many years they will hope they get back to power and can repeal it before they are ever forced into anything.

This is a very reasonable prediction.

Edit: From the OP article -

One congressional source confirmed to TheDC that Hudson’s office has been working on the bill for a while and “thinking about what we are going to do in the new year and we plan to introduce the bill from this Congress with the addition of constitutional carry in the first days of the 115th Congress.”

I think that deserves some attention. :D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    whats going to happen I fear is that there will be receprocity, but a MD resident would have to get a MD CC permit to carry in MD. Va resident to carry in MD requires Va permit.
    MD would only be able to carry in the other states if he/she has MD permit. In the end, we get left out. That's what I fear would happen.
    I prefer licensed CC permits with training requirement and a squeaky clean record. (flame me now)

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    What stops us from

A buying a 1 acre lot in another state and saying that is our state of residence

B just get a p.o box in another state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom