• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No, it's just an upper. He could, in theory, use it to make a pistol. He DID put him in the position of being guilty of constructive intent, which is not very nice.

I was swagging it on that, I'm not one of our resident NFA guru's, but I tried to think like a fed. :D

Now I have to extricate my head from my rectum. :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Karma's a mother..., and you possibly have him by the short hairs too.

Wonder if there's a reward for turning in someone that does stuff like that... :innocent0

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Uppers are NOT regulated by the state OR the ATF. Anyone can buy a sub 16 inch upper. For example, one could be purchased to be used on a pistol lower. The seller in this case isn't guilty of supplying a non registered SBR. He's only guilty of false advertising.

Now for the OP, putting said upper on a non SBR registered lower is another story, that's illegal. That's atleast until the flashider is permanently pinned and welded. The OP should immediately remove the upper from the same location as the unregistered lower. Store it somewhere else until the flashider is pinned and welded to meet ATF requirements. Keeping the two in the same location could land him him big trouble and to be charged with constructive intent.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    How did you pay? Save the add with screen capture. If you paid via USPS MO you may have recourse via the postal inspector for fraud, YMMV

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    There's another member here in the area....He's at either Camp Lejeune or MCAS Cherry Point. Either way, I can reach out to him as well.

We got your back, bud.

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    I love MDS. I dropped it off at scotts today. Chad will be giving my upper a.check up and some.new welfare. I appreciate everyone's thoughts in the matter. It never feels good to think you bought one thing minus a small detail like actual barrel length vs overall length. I have reached out to some friends Qiu in various interested agencies which handle these matters. But when its all said and done it is an important life lesson to know ....not everyone is as honest and creditable as me. I think that it is not so much the upper I bought , as I am happy with it (minus barrel issue ) but the fact that it should have been disclosed.

Live learn , reload , and learn again. Thanks.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I love MDS. I dropped it off at scotts today. Chad will be giving my upper a.check up and some.new welfare. I appreciate everyone's thoughts in the matter. It never feels good to think you bought one thing minus a small detail like actual barrel length vs overall length. I have reached out to some friends Qiu in various interested agencies which handle these matters. But when its all said and done it is an important life lesson to know ....not everyone is as honest and creditable as me. I think that it is not so much the upper I bought , as I am happy with it (minus barrel issue ) but the fact that it should have been disclosed.

Live learn , reload , and learn again. Thanks.

Damn auto correct. New weld. Ugh

After November, we all may be able to get some new welfare:innocent0

Isn't it strange that auto correct took "weld" (a type of work) and replaced it with "welfare"
    Your phone must be a Democrat

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom