• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    So I am almost done my ar. Got my used upper today, good shape from a guy in nc. He advertised 16 inch barrel. Wrong. 11.5 with the 5.5 flash extension. I'm not so happy. Spoke to my armorer at work he said just get a Tig weld tack on each side. But why the heck would I do that. If I wanted a sbr I would have got a sbr. So it looks like I will have to buy a new barrel. Yeah.

Very frustrated. I will never use arms list again.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    and the seller didnt post pic or described it on the ad?

you can get in trouble w/ that.. (not 100% sure.. about having a complete upper w/ short barrel and not welded or pinned flash suppressor).

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    Pic not what was sent. I asked about refund and he said buyer beware. I'm pissed. He said enjoy Ur new upper. I guess I have no recourse. Any suggestions.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    RDF5186 said:
    Pic not what was sent. I asked about refund and he said buyer beware. I'm pissed. He said enjoy Ur new upper. I guess I have no recourse. Any suggestions.

Any reporting process on arms list? Did you pay with a credit card by chance?

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    I'd blast that guy on the forum if he's intentionally deceiving people when selling crap. I'm pissed for you!!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    man sorry to hear about this, that sucks. especially when it's literally one gun owner screwing over a brother gun owner or the like.

i'm not a very trustworth guy and generally just save up to pay the upcharge to get something new from a reputable seller.

if you paid credit card, dispute it. otherwise check out the online selling company you used and see what if any remedies they may have. clearly deceptive advertising on the barrel, not deceptive but an outright lie it seems.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Light his ass up as much as you can, especially if it wasn't pinned/welded to begin with, ATF would probably like to have some words with that guy if it isn't pinned/welded or at least rocksett'ed on.

Sorry to hear you got taken for a ride, hope it works out for you.

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    Thanks guys. All in all I'm happy with everything but the barrel. So I guess I will be getting it welded. My armorer said a 30$ TIG weld tacked on both sides should do it.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    it is a person or a store that sold the said upper?

dont know much about nfa "parts"... is there a law about selling such items?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Anything that could be 'NFA' - in his case, the upper, would have to go thru the NFA paperwork/transfer/wait to be legit, considering it wasn't secured as per ATF guidelines, the guy basically illegaly sold him an SBR.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Anything that could be 'NFA' - in his case, the upper, would have to go thru the NFA paperwork/transfer/wait to be legit, considering it wasn't secured as per ATF guidelines, the guy basically illegaly sold him an SBR.
    No, it's just an upper. He could, in theory, use it to make a pistol. He DID put him in the position of being guilty of constructive intent, which is not very nice.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

thats what i thought.. so the OP can turn him in for doing so.

notice some sellers require them to send to an ffl3 license.. (bravo company last time i checked).

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27

You have his name and address, throw him to the wolves.

Being charged with a felony may make him change his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom