• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Great story, reminds all of us that the police do many great things that usually don't make any headlines. Thanks for posting it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Something is not right

You missed the part where he shot a dog...didn't you?:sad20:

Thanks for posting. LEOs don't get enough credit for all of the good they do.

I wonder just how much media influences the good news, bad news ratio and thus our perspective.... (actually I don't wonder)

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    I think that part of our perception lies in the fact that LE agencies do not toot their own horns frequently, because doing "good deeds" becomes "routine" for them. Obviously when something goes wrong (real or perceived) people start screaming and the press picks it up. Just my thoughts.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I think that part of our perception lies in the fact that LE agencies do not toot their own horns frequently, because doing "good deeds" becomes "routine" for them. Obviously when something goes wrong (real or perceived) people start screaming and the press picks it up. Just my thoughts.
    You may be right. All the more reason why the press should aggressively ferret out and trumpet all the good things they do...

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I think that part of our perception lies in the fact that LE agencies do not toot their own horns frequently, because doing ''good deeds'' becomes ''routine'' for them. Obviously when something goes wrong (real or perceived) people start screaming and the press picks it up. Just my thoughts.

...''to protect and serve'' The latter is often forgotten.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom