• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Darn, he fixed it. For anybody wondering, it was an auction for a Mosin-Nagant... complete with photos of a pump-action shotgun.

I did a Google search on the phone#, and got a hit in Baltimore white pages, so it might be an individual running a home-based biz.

I found another local (Frederick) biz, looking around for Glocks - http://www.pitbullfirearms.com/ - anyone heard of them? Looks like they have great prices.

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    I like Freedom Armory in Glen Rock PA.

They transfer to MD residents through Duffy's for a about $50.00 but you don't have to pay the sales tax.

Knowledgeable, friendly and a great selection.

They also have outstanding new rifle and handgun ranges.

I have also bought from Christian Soldier. As said before you have to call to see when he'll be open but he has a nice selection and good prices

270Win

Jul 13, 2006
    Damascus, Maryland
    Here is another +1 to Shooter's Discount in Mt Airy. After seeing them at the last Silverado show and noting they were from Mt Airy (maybe 5-10 minutes down the road from me in Damascus), I found the address and looked them up.

They are JUST down the road from The Gun Shack!

Their milsurp selection was quite good. I picked up a wonderful walnut stocked K31, and was tempted sorely by several other things. Decent handguns, too, but I didn't scrutinize those too closely.

The owner is a fountain of knowledge.

I'm not as big a fan of The Gun Shack because of their prices, which simply aren't competitive on many items, and maybe unfairly because their almost unanimously poor selection in the consignment rack - which isn't really their fault, but biases me anyway.

A big +1 to The Gun Rack in Burtonsville. Great handgun selection, very very friendly and knowledgeable, and very patient salesmen. Not too much of a rifle/shotgun selection, but worth a look anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom