• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I want to take my 3 yr old fishing. I havent done much fishing myself overall but know the basics.I dont care what kind of fish are caught as long as there are fish to catch. I dont want her to get discouraged by not catching anything. Like I said I dont care what kind of fish there are as long as there are fish. Not worried about catching anything to eat just having a fun day. I dont care much for eating fish myself.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Wait for the water to go down, and then take him to Gunpowder where it crosses Bel Air Rd in Kingsville. You should wade in to the center of the river-- there are rocks and a few shallow beach areas further up to provide access.

Cast along the banks near cover-- downed trees, large rocks or root balls-- and use some small spinners, rooster tails or Rapalas. You will catch sunnies and some small bass.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Loch Raven Reservoir. Just make sure you have a fishing license as the area is patrolled by the city watershed rangers.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I went to Loch raven hs and lived in parkville for a long time. Loch raven is almost more of an annoyance than its worth. I might give it a shot though. Any good spots to reccomend? Im relatively familiar with the resevoir area.

I was looking into Sandy Point the other day actually thanks for the suggestions and keep them going. Any hotspots are more than welcome. Im not taking anything with me it will be strictly catch and release.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Go a local golf course with worms and bobbers and
    either sneak on or ask or go just at dark and you will catch bass and sunnies, don't eat them, full of golf course juice.

Dec 31, 2012

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Stansbery park in dundalk. It's a stocked quarey. Trout, bass, cat, cart, blue gills. My son did fine there last year. He was almost 3.

EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    Mariner Park is worth considering. Nice area. Bathrooms (main building) and port a pots. Royal Farms store on the way in for drinks and snacks. Clean park with many access areas to the water along the trail. Don't cast your bait too far out, most fish are close to the underwater grass beds. You can see the grass beds. Take peanuts. There is a healthy pop of tree rats that are very human friendly. They have a large population of black squirrels. Unique indeed. Kearney Drive at the very end.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Stansbery park in dundalk. It's a stocked quarey. Trout, bass, cat, cart, blue gills. My son did fine there last year. He was almost 3.

Thats what I was going to say.

Lots of good local spots around here. Fort Howard, North Point, Chesterwood, Merrit Park

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.

This , I used to go there all the time and tear up bluegill and the occasional snagged snapping turtle lol . They have a used to have a small pier and plenty of shore line to fish from .

I going to have to take my son over there next weekend , thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

Dec 31, 2012
    The pier is still there but can get quite full on weekends.
    In my recent walks down there I have not seen anything but tiny little sunfish coming up as well as plenty of turtles. Lots and lots of turtles. Small to bucket sized snappers.
    I've taken kids to fish there but just beware of the high number of dogs. Most people are quite good with their dogs but there are the occassional off the leash walkers with rambunctious animals who will bowl little kids over.
    Ask my kid how we know...

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    No dogs at stansbury today but plenty of idiot people. I was out on the pier with my 3 yr old fishing and turned around to see about 12 people leaning on my car while waiting for there turn at the ice cream truck. I stayed calm because the kid was with me but WTF. Then the cow leaning on my trunk says I thought this was (insert random name here) car and looked at me like i was being an ass. Next time if I do go back I will park in the neighborhood,skip the pier and just fish from the shore. Thanks for the suggestion the kid had fun.

Dec 31, 2012
    No dogs at stansbury today but plenty of idiot people. I was out on the pier with my 3 yr old fishing and turned around to see about 12 people leaning on my car while waiting for there turn at the ice cream truck. I stayed calm because the kid was with me but WTF. Then the cow leaning on my trunk says I thought this was (insert random name here) car and looked at me like i was being an ass. Next time if I do go back I will park in the neighborhood,skip the pier and just fish from the shore. Thanks for the suggestion the kid had fun.

I've become accustomed to a certain amount of just plain anti-social behaviour in that park. :sad20:

Like having to check on and under the playground equipment to make sure there are no used condoms.
    and
    Large amounts of trash left behind despite there being trash cans available. :mad54:

I used to plant flower seeds there but gave up.

It does make for an easy quick fishing trip if you can put up with the other stuff.
    Glad the kid had fun.

A few years ago we had a homeless commune on the backside of the quarry in the woods during the summer when my wife would walk with a baby so she stopped going. The encampment moved on for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom