• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Am parking and going into the concourse to get him. I have MD, DC, PA and FL permits. Other than 10 round magazine, do I need to worry about anything else?

The last thread I saw about this was 10 years old so just making sure.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Am parking and going into the concourse to get him. I have MD, DC, PA and FL permits. Other than 10 round magazine, do I need to worry about anything else?

The last thread I saw about this was 10 years old so just making sure.
    I assume one of those has reciprocity with Virginia?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have always been told that if you go over the Woodrow Wilson you enter DC for a brief second or two. I am always careful i stay out of DC if travelling.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I have always been told that if you go over the Woodrow Wilson you enter DC for a brief second or two. I am always careful i stay out of DC if travelling.
    You think they going to setup a checkpoint on the bridge and have everyone walk through metal detectors?

ROFL....

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah if you get busted in the middle of the WW bridge, just toss that "hi cap" mag over the bridge into the potomac river.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    You think they going to setup a checkpoint on the bridge and have everyone walk through metal detectors?

ROFL....
    Cool your jets Hibs, i am saying that i believe part of the bridge is Wash DC . Nowhere did i say the other stuff you are saying . I am not up for the bull-chit today

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    why only 10 round mags? maybe that's a dc thing but just stay out of dc, the airport is in va.

Don't often go to Reagan National. I know it is in VA, but it is so close to DC that I might end up there mistakenly. Not worth the risk to me.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

The GW parkway is more of a concern, if you drive that way. All of Columbia Island, which it traverses, is DC, even though it looks like part of the Virginia bank of the Potomac.

Unlike the tiny sliver of DC that intersects the Wilson Bridge, the section on the parkway is long enough for you to have a flat or get involved in an accident, and be sitting inside DC when you didn't intend to be.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Seems like one of those "concealed means concealed" times you sometimes encounter in life.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The GW parkway is more of a concern, if you drive that way. All of Columbia Island, which it traverses, is DC, even though it looks like part of the Virginia bank of the Potomac.

Unlike the tiny sliver of DC that intersects the Wilson Bridge, the section on the parkway is long enough for you to have a flat or get involved in an accident, and be sitting inside DC when you didn't intend to be.
    The entire area is a hot mess for 2A people to navigate, your points are not wasted on me. Buyer beware anywhere near there

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    After going to Capital One Arena and seeing their "metal detectors", it makes me wonder about who else is using similar tech. You absolutely could set those in an airport with police to stop anyone who sets one off.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Yes, at the West end of the bridge over the water and just before landfall at Jones Point, there is a small triangle of DC which the bridge crosses.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here is the section of WW Bridge that falls into DC.
    DC police don't patrol that tiny strip, I assure you.
    Screenshot_20221117-134042_Maps.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom