• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Former IP GLR is relocating, due to the winding down and closure of the overall " Amish Market " in Charlotte Hall . The permanent building tenants must be out by the end of this month ( March 2024).

Gary is relocating approximately 1 mile north . The shopping center originally anchored by McKays Market , recently reopened as a Shoppers . He will be in the spot of the former hair salon , in the arm pit of the " L " shaped shopping center . Aka - next door to the liquor store .

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Former IP GLR is relocating, due to the winding down and closure of the overall " Amish Market " in Charlotte Hall . The permanent building tenants must be out by the end of this month ( March 2024).

Gary is relocating approximately 1 mile north . The shopping center originally anchored by McKays Market , recently reopened as a Shoppers . He will be in the spot of the former hair salon , in the arm pit of the " L " shaped shopping center . Aka - next door to the liquor store .
    Thanks for the heads up,,
    Gary's is one shop I try to stop in when I can. as close to an "Old School" gun shop as I have found around SOMD.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As of yesterday, still doing business in old location, but with about 1/3 of fixtures already moved .

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    As of yesterday, still doing business in old location, but with about 1/3 of fixtures already moved .
    I wonder if Gary will finally embrace that new invention called "The Internet" ?
    He has no web presence,, many never knew he was even a thing.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually several years ago dabbled with it . And quickly decided it wasn't for him .

Paraphrased- Ate up too many hours for a one man shop , and was already doing well , within his niche without it .

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Actually several years ago dabbled with it . And quickly decided it wasn't for him .

Paraphrased- Ate up too many hours for a one man shop , and was already doing well , within his niche without it .
    All he needs is a static, one page site.
    Something that google will hit with "Charlotte Hall, Gun store""

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I swung by the new location about a week ago,, I saw no sign of any up and coming gun store?
    When you say "Arm pit",, do you mean in the very corner, left of Ledo's ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , the former salon . No sinage yet . Most of cases and fixtures are in , but the switch over of merchandise was awaiting final sign off by Ins co .

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    The Shoppers in Waldorf has closed down twice in the last few years. Open again now with higher prices. That doesn't seem to be drawing in the crowds.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And that Shoppers just opened

I've seen the fixtures leaving the old location , and seen the pics of the interior progress at new location .

If I don't catch up with Gary in person this weekend , I'll text him for update .

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    20240412_111148~3.jpg

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I was in there on Wednesday before the sign was up and Gary said today is the day. Glad to see it happened. Nice layout for Gary as he continues to fill it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom