• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SST

May 10, 2005
    I aggree,.....Night sights and NY-1 for my carry gun.......That's it! :party29:

Last edited:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Welcome to the forum, SST. :beer:

What brand of night sights to you guys prefer? I recently purchased a G23, and I'm looking to have some installed. I've been looking at either Trijicon or Meprolight, but I can't decide which.

SST

May 10, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome. I have both and the Meps are brighter and cheaper. FYI, if you need someone to install them, I'm a Certified Glock Armorer.....Let me know. :sign11:

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I bought the brand of night sights that Glock offered. I figured I'd buy everything on the gun @ once. I have the night sights and ILS on my G-22.
    I hope to buy some hi cap mags and a light.

May 12, 2005
    Montgomery
    Factory G35 and G17 for the Mrs.- might put the extended mag release on the 17 'cause she has problems getting to it, her hands are a bit small.

Isn't the NY trigger 8 pounds??

SST

May 10, 2005
    Not really,...Under stress conditions, I feel the stock 5lb pull is a little to light. I have a bad habit of staging the trigger. I've been training myself not to do that. For a carry gun (which is also the house gun) just feel better with the heavier pull. Cool thing is that there is no difference in accuracy.

pistolpete

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I love my G26. Put metpro night sights on it and it needs nothing else. Well, it could use an owner with a CCW permit.............Oh yea, almost forgot, I live in Maryland! :sad20:
    Pete

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Bad things Glock...........

Standard magazine and slide releases suck....extended units are outstanding.

Standard sights and G-34/35 Adjustables suck......Plenty of set-ups out there i.e., Dawson, CGR Race Cut Heinies or Ameriglo Operators that give outstanding uncluttered sight pictures with fully adjustable and non-fully adjustable options.

Standard triggers.....adequate but can always benefit from polishing and connector swaps.

TR

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Bad things Glock...........

Standard magazine and slide releases suck....extended units are outstanding.

Standard sights and G-34/35 Adjustables suck......Plenty of set-ups out there i.e., Dawson, CGR Race Cut Heinies or Ameriglo Operators that give outstanding uncluttered sight pictures with fully adjustable and non-fully adjustable options.

Standard triggers.....adequate but can always benefit from polishing and connector swaps.

TR
    Glock does not have a stock slide release, it's just a slide lock. Your susposed use the "slingshot" method to the chamber the first round.

Glock does not have a stock slide release, it's just a slide lock. Your susposed use the "slingshot" method to the chamber the first round.
    :sad20:

OK. So?

Now that we have our nomenclature straight, why do you suppose GLOCK offers an extended "slide Lock" on their 34 & 35. I know what what GLOCK says, I have been an armorer since the early 90's - but realistically they have negated/marginalized their own sling shot instruction with the extended part.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Actually the nomenclature to which you refer (Slide Lock) is the part used to retain as well as facilitate removal of the slide. The nomenclature to which I was referring is in fact a slide stop lever, correcting my own small error here.

I think we ought to bump this thread every month or so till the end of time.

Canuck you suck.

TR

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    homeboy_night_sights.jpg

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Welcome to the site . SST I have a Glock 23 with Tru Glo TFO sights and a Storm Lake 357 Sig conversion barrel I had a Lasermax laser but removed it

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Welcome to the site . SST I have a Glock 23 with Tru Glo TFO sights and a Storm Lake 357 Sig conversion barrel I had a Lasermax laser but removed it

Can I ask why you removed the lasermax? Do you still have it. Selling it cheap? :D

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Can I ask why you removed the lasermax? Do you still have it. Selling it cheap? :D

Vince, I would recommend the crimson trace over the lasermax, better laser sight and fully adjustable for windage and elevation. I saw them on gunbroker for like $189.00, they have come down in price considerably lately.

+1 on the extended slide release as well, the factory one is just too damn hard to operate in a stressful situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom