• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Funny. Also the reason I just bought a Gen 3.

I want a Gen 4 19 just because all my other handguns have the mag release on the right side of the gun since I'm left handed.

However I'll wait till they get these things fixed or until they come out with either a Glock "Classic" or a Gen 5.

I wish the Gen 3's magazine release could be switched over.

Until then I'll have to continue my love and support for MP's.

If there isnt an extractor recall anytime soon I guess I might settle on a G4 23 as they seem to have no or much fewer issues.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Hahaha. Glock knuckle? What's that? Im not a sissy so I've never complained of such things. I love my Gen 3!

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007

Attachments

• yt.png
      yt.png
      2.4 KB · Views: 472

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Are there really that many issues with the gen 4's?

That's what the internetz says. Of course, as a very happy Kimber owner, I tend to find most of these sorts of complaints to be overblow. That being said, there must be at least some truth to it- quite a few people have come forward on this forum having issues with their new gen 4 Glocks. It's a shame; the G30 made my very short list of CCW guns to get when I get my Florida (and eventually Maryland) permit. I think I may just end up going HK 45C, instead.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    As one of those problem glock owners, yes there is some truth to it. The recoil springs are/were a problem. The extractors are a common problem, mine as an example. I like the ergonomics with the exception of the bottom of the trigger guard because "Glock knuckle" is real, and I'm gonna fix that with a dremel and sandpaper. The sights, well, they work, and there's lots of aftermarket options (I want the Warren-sevigney's for mine).

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's what the internetz says. Of course, as a very happy Kimber owner, I tend to find most of these sorts of complaints to be overblown.
    That must make a whole two of us in the whole history of the "internets". My Kimber as been 99% flawless and looks as good as it performs.

That being said, my brother carries a glock and as for quite some time. For weight, reliability and overall concealability, I'm seriously considering a different carry piece.

I guess the jury is out on the new ones from the sounds of it. Comparing a 1911 with tight slide tolerances and a totally different design and material make up, with Glock ........? I guess.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    As one of those problem glock owners, yes there is some truth to it. The recoil springs are/were a problem. The extractors are a common problem, mine as an example. I like the ergonomics with the exception of the bottom of the trigger guard because "Glock knuckle" is real, and I'm gonna fix that with a dremel and sandpaper. The sights, well, they work, and there's lots of aftermarket options (I want the Warren-sevigney's for mine).

The problem with the lights mounted tight and flexing the frame so it won't work is true also. Saw it in person at the Gun Connection. Dan knew what was wrong right away.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    My Gen 4 is a G26 and I have had zero issues with it. I looked hard at a Gen 3 26 but the ergonomics for me just didn't work. The mag release on the Gen 4 is so easy to manipulate. I believe that the recoil spring/rod setup is very similar for the subcompacts btwn the two generations which may account for them not being as problematic.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County

What exactly is "Glock knuckle"?

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    What exactly is "Glock knuckle"?

The bottom edge of the trigger guard is very squared off and it rubs on the side of your middle finger next to your knuckle. After a while it gets uncomfortable. I've never gotten a blister or anything, but it's just annoying enough for me to want to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom