• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • missing_the_cheese

Dec 29, 2012
    Perry Hall
    I was up at Freestate on friday and guy there let me check out his baby Glock with fiber optic sights. Needless to say the hook was set and now I'm looking at them for my gun. I was looking at the TruGlo brand but being new to shooting in general I didn't know if there were other brands that performed better so I thought I would ask the boards.

So let me have it... Fiber optic sights??? Good or waste of $$$??

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I have the truglo TFO's on my 26 simply because I bought it used with them on it.

I generally prefer Meprolight with Trijicon being a close second. I've seen too many fiber sights break, althought the TFO's seem fairly well protected.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I use Trijicon HDs. I would get TruGLo TFOs ONLY if it was for a range-only gun. On Glock Talk there was a quite lengthy thread on people reporting their front sights coming loose, having the fiber optic threads come out, etc. Figured it wasn't worth the risk, I've heard nothing but good things about Trijicons, and the HD sights in particular.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Ameriglo for me. So many options...

Their tritium vials are made by trijicon, though, which is fine with me.

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    Ameriglo for me. So many options...

Their tritium vials are made by trijicon, though, which is fine with me.

This. The guy that owns it is a great guy. Great customer service and great product.

I've sen way to many tubes fall out of fiber optics to trust them for anything serious.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    What is your intended purpose with the gun?

I have Warren Tactical Sights on my Glock with a fiber front sight and I like it a lot but I shoot it in competitions. I also have Warren Tactical carry sights on my HD Glock with plain black rear and tritium front sight.

I think plain rear is the way to go for home defense, there is a really good explanation as to why that is here:
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/lowlight6.htm

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    Trijicon is a great choice. Look how bright with two trtium watches by it.
    On a Glock 17 Gen 4.

g1_zps2faf9f36.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    On my G19, I run Glock Night Sights in the rear, TRUGLO TFO up front. It's a strange combo I know, but I came across a spare TFO front when I ordered a set for a Kimber 1911... TRUGLO said to keep it and not bother sending it back. :shrug: yay for me.

I like it a lot, it was carried daily for over a year and I've run a few IDPA stages, and it's held up very well. I guess it technically reduces the sight radius, but I can't tell. It still shoots very accurately. It's hard to tell from these pictures, but the front always appears slightly larger and brighter in all lighting conditions. I like having 3 dots, as I know the EXACT orientation of the pistol at all times. If I have to use it at night, the sights only act as an index so I can grab the pistol and activate my TLR-2. Here are some crappy pics, the front sight appears very small but in reality it's the same width as the Glock sight, but is slightly taller. I have to "hold over" targets with this setup:

u5u9uqeh.jpg

3ytesyra.jpg

u9uru8y6.jpg

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    I prefer Meprolites over Trijicons. Have both and the Meps are brighter after same number of years and they are usually cheaper too.

I have the TruGLo TFO Tritium/Fiber Optic sights on my Glock 27 green front sight yellow rear sight and I'm happy with them. Checking on the web and even reading over on Glock Talk people suggest adding a drop of Crazy Glue on the front and back of the fiber optic tubes to help keep them in place. At night the TruGLos aren't as bright as the Sig night sites (Siglites) on my P229 or the Trijicons on my Glock 29, but they're bright enough to me and they're very easy to pick up in daylight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom