• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    This is classic! I love a good 80s movie.
    I just wish that I could have caught the punk(s) who stole the guns then it would have been Bronson time! The others were simply foolish enough to actively use their ill-gotten vehicles in my neighborhood including locking one up at the local High School after a pitiful attempt at disguise and another pushing a distinct racing go-kart almost 3 miles through the damp, wooded trails behind my home to their garage...with the tire tread pattern leading straight to it. :D

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    This sucks big time. I cannot preach to you as to not having it locked up, but it should have been locked up. I do something similar to what you do and am fortunate that I have not been victimized.

Do you have an alarm system? No alarm or gunsafe is a no-no imo.

Locked in a safe during the day (for example when not at home) and moved to the night stand each night as part of bedtime ritual sound like an ok plan?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    WARPIG [USMC];2895059 said:
    Yes I know...I don't make a lot of money but I need to find myself a tall safe
    well Walmart sells lots of smaller safes that will fit a handgun or two for under $100. Not sure if they can be bolted into a floor or not. They also recently started selling full size gun safes.

90gsx

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 12, 2011
    Parkville
    Lots of drug addicts in that area. You definitely need a security and surveillance system along with a safe for your guns and valuables

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    +1

If they just hit those two rooms it someone who has been there before...because if it was a crack head they would have went through the whole house.. IMHO

Not so. Police caught a guy who committed a rash of home burglaries in northern balt co a couple of years ago. In every case he only ransacked the bedrooms and took jewellery, cash and anything else of value that he could carry. Bedrooms are where the valuable stuff is stored.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Motion-activated cameras are so cheap these days, everybody should consider one at strategic entry or hallway area. Even a game camera from Bass Pro. I just started looking at them.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Really sorry hear about your loss. I really wonder if your house had been cased or if they knew you had the Glock and anything else.

Have you been to any ranges lately or have taken your Glock out of your house?

Hope I'm not asking too many questions. Just trying to get a feel for why you might have been targeted so the rest of us can learn from this.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Motion-activated cameras are so cheap these days, everybody should consider one at strategic entry or hallway area. Even a game camera from Bass Pro. I just started looking at them.
    +1

That's actually a really good idea.

I wonder if alarm systems that have an app that can be DL'ed to your phone are expensive. That could be another thing to consider.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    WARPIG [USMC];2895059 said:
    I have a feeling it was someone in the neighborhood to begin with

Yes I know...I don't make a lot of money but I need to find myself a tall safe

Sorry for what happened. Agree that it might be a neighbor/acquaintance, someone who knew the house and where to go for the important stuff.

I won't go the 'lecture' route about gun safes. It's always been a personal decision, but I believe that having your gun locked in a safe makes it worthless in the case of break-ins or assaults. However I would mention those 'hidden in plain sight' options that include mantle clocks and picture frames in which to hide your handguns but provide quick access and are more affordable than safes. I like them.

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    § 5-146. Lost or stolen regulated firearms.

(a) Dealer to inform purchasers of reporting requirements. -- A dealer or any other person who sells or transfers a regulated firearm shall notify the purchaser or recipient of the regulated firearm at the time of purchase or transfer that the purchaser or recipient is required to report a lost or stolen regulated firearm to the local law enforcement agency as required under subsection (b) of this section.

(b) Duties of owner to report. -- If a regulated firearm is lost or stolen, the owner of the regulated firearm shall report the loss or theft to the local law enforcement agency within 72 hours after the owner first discovers the loss or theft.
    (c) Duties of local law enforcement agency on receipt of report. -- On receipt of a report of a lost or stolen regulated firearm, a local law enforcement agency shall report to the Secretary and enter into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database, to the extent known, the caliber, make, model, manufacturer, and serial number of the regulated firearm and any other distinguishing number or identification mark on the regulated firearm.

(d) Violations; penalties. --

(1) A knowing and willful first-time violation of this section is a civil offense punishable by a fine not exceeding $ 500.

(2) A person who knowingly and willfully violates this section for a second or subsequent time is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $ 500 or both.

(e) Civil remedies or criminal prosecutions. -- The imposition of a civil or criminal penalty under this section does not preclude the pursuit of any other civil remedy or criminal prosecution authorized by law.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Sorry about your loss of property and security! We had some break ins and thefts in my neighborhood about 8 months ago. The guy that did the crimes was addicted to pain meds that lived in the same development. He got desperate and tried robbing a pharmacy and got caught. After that no more robberies. You should talk to your neighbors to at least warn them. Good luck!

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Really sorry hear about your loss. I really wonder if your house had been cased or if they knew you had the Glock and anything else.

Have you been to any ranges lately or have taken your Glock out of your house?

Hope I'm not asking too many questions. Just trying to get a feel for why you might have been targeted so the rest of us can learn from this.

I'm pretty sure the place was cased. I drive a commercial vehicle that's parked out front. I live on an end unit townhouse, with a path separating the next rows of houses....high traffic foot area. Haven't been to the range in ages unfortunately.

Seems like they just grabbed what they could carry out without looking too suspicious.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    WARPIG [USMC];2895456 said:
    I'm pretty sure the place was cased. I drive a commercial vehicle that's parked out front. I live on an end unit townhouse, with a path separating the next rows of houses....high traffic foot area. Haven't been to the range in ages unfortunately.

Seems like they just grabbed what they could carry out without looking too suspicious.

That's just plain shitty. Hope things get better man.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I just wish that I could have caught the punk(s) who stole the guns then it would have been Bronson time! The others were simply foolish enough to actively use their ill-gotten vehicles in my neighborhood including locking one up at the local High School after a pitiful attempt at disguise and another pushing a distinct racing go-kart almost 3 miles through the damp, wooded trails behind my home to their garage...with the tire tread pattern leading straight to it. :D

Thats good you got em and even better they were convicted. Shitheads! The part that made me laugh was the asian gang. I immediately thought of you on the middle of the chinese stand off in Big Trouble and Little China.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    WARPIG [USMC];2894697 said:
    My girlfriend and I just discovered someone broke in to our townhouse while we were at work. I live in Glen Burnie, right near Brooklyn. Among items stolen, besides her new laptop I bought her, was my Gen 4 Glock 19 with a TLR-1s flashlight attached.

This is my first time experiencing a break in...needless to say I feel extremely uncomfortable in my own home right now. The gun was in my night stand, where I keep it for security while I sleep. They only hit the two upstairs bedrooms and took what they could carry.

Be vigilant, my friends.

You have probably already done so, but make sure you report the theft to police, making sure to report the stolen gun.

THIS ^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................and GET A COPY of the stolen firearm report, CYA. Make sure the stolen report number is there. Also make sure MD State Police receive a copy, or better yet, report it to them.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Thats good you got em and even better they were convicted. Shitheads! The part that made me laugh was the asian gang. I immediately thought of you on the middle of the chinese stand off in Big Trouble and Little China.

Hahahaha...not I said the fly. I never had anything to do with the gang people getting caught but the two brothers from Orange Hunt who stole the go-kart went to Juvie over it. This was mostly occurring when I lived in the West Springfield Terrace and Barcroft Apartments(Shirlington). The FCPD/ACPC would occasionally catch one of them but the groups would arrive often from the Loehmann's Plaza area all piled into one car, would get dropped off and they'd each go break into a car and steal the stereos, rims, you name it and sometimes even the whole car.

They even once stole the paperguy's car full of Washington Posts while he was delivering and an airport shuttle while the guy was helping a patron with luggage. I lived in both complexes for about 3 years each and they were truly bottomless pits of despair when it came to property crime. I've preferred living in the sticks since college and could never go back to living in the belly of the beast again.

ebxgsxr

Apr 3, 2011
    near BWI
    I wonder if alarm systems that have an app that can be DL'ed to your phone are expensive. That could be another thing to consider.

depending on the company, it can get expensive. although Xfinity has their system where cameras can be added. i had their system when it 1st came out. had 2 cameras & numerous sensors. but since it was so new, they still had a lot of growing pains. i ended up going back to my original system. but to add cameras to their system, is expensive.

i ended up getting a separate camera system that i can view on my phone. i want to upgrade to a better system with the capability to add more cameras, but that will have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom