• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's a factory trigger, uses a different design, the sear is separate from the trigger bar, and a coil reset spring instead of the tension spring to reduce takeup weight. About 4#, smoother pull, crisper break, better reset, and not all that different from other designs that use a fixed sear position, and fully pre-cocked striker. I wouldn't rule it out for any purpose, but it must be reliable. I carried GLOCK for years, radiused safety button, non-serrated trigger and XP trigger spring, better pull, completely reliable, but an improved trigger. This trigger looks good for most things, but would probably be better off with something like the TImney ultimate if someone wants to use a GLOCK for competition

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am a huge fan of polishing up the fire control group on a Glock, poly DAT trigger shoe and the reduced power trigger spring. The different geometry on the shoe and shape increases the trigger pull force slightly and the stronger trigger spring offsets that. But it shortens the trigger pull probably 20% and it’s a lot crisper. Faster reset too and the reset weight isn’t reduced too much. So it’s still nice and positive reset. Stock trigger spring and Poly DAT with everything polished up stock bar in there and I measure 5.5#. Stronger trigger spring and it’s right at 5#. Reduced power safety plunger takes off about 2-3oz on the trigger pull. In my G34 and Glock 21L I have 4.5# connectors with all that and I measure around 4#4oz to 4#7oz in both guns. My G17 and 21 have OE connectors (polished up) and measure right at 5#. And G19 because I carry it has the stock trigger spring and safety plunger and it’s right at 5#7-9oz.

The 21, 17 and 19 are very crisp. The 21 and 17 lighter pull of course. The 34 and 21L are actually a little less crisp with the 4.5# connectors in there and the overall pull through distance is almost back to stock, but it’s a nice light pull. It feels a ton better than a 3.5# connector and OE trigger shoe.

Basically about $45 of parts in each gun for the trigger groups. $55 for the G34 and 21L

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I've heard this so many times about striker fire guns with light weight trigger. Honestly DA/SA is probably the safest type of carry gun.
    My point: if u are involved in a shooting with a lighter trigger pull then issued you are opening yourself up to law suits.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My point: if u are involved in a shooting with a lighter trigger pull then issued you are opening yourself up to law suits.
    Only if it’s an ND. Not that there have been no lawsuits with guns that are “too powerful” or “modified” or “reloads”.

But those prosecutions are exceedingly rare. And rarely have been successful on those merits. A number of those cases had other funny business related to the cases.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    BGOS?

I don't use a Glock in production class, but this trigger with less than 5-pound pull would not pass inspection. I think this trigger was intended for uses other than competition, and I haven't seen anyone use Glocks in limited or open.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    BGOS?

I don't use a Glock in production class, but this trigger with less than 5-pound pull would not pass inspection. I think this trigger was intended for uses other than competition, and I haven't seen anyone use Glocks in limited or open.
    We are not talking about the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom