• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    Hey fellas, so I plan on starting to paperwork for a Gen 4 Glock 19 tomorrow, but I'm curious if anyone has experienced problems with theirs.

I've read about the recoil spring issue, as well as the extractor issue... Have these been addressed recently?

Anything else I need to be cautious about?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    WARPIG [USMC];1505989 said:
    Hey fellas, so I plan on starting to paperwork for a Gen 4 Glock 19 tomorrow, but I'm curious if anyone has experienced problems with theirs.

I've read about the recoil spring issue, as well as the extractor issue... Have these been addressed recently?

My Gen 4 G17 has been back to the factory twice with ejection issues. Still isn't resolved! The best thread on the late Gen 3's and 4's is on m4carbine. Forget 'glocktalk', the moderators don't kick ass and get the bull shit off the thread.

The following is a VERY long thread, but if you are serious about a gen 4 READ.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92133

Edit: The moderators on 'm4carbie' are very pro active and will ban you for stupid comments etc., they certainly keep the thread focus.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

Yes I did. Bought a Gen4 RTF. But my issue was not the recoil spring as it had a Gen3 type in it. I picked mine up, took it home to clean and couldn't get the slide to go back on. The selling dealer couldn't figure it out either so I had to send it back to Glock.

I had a recent issue with a Gen3 I just bought. The shells would eject strait up and land on my head, face, in to my shooting glasses, and down my shirt. Sent it back and they fixed it. Get this, they said they put in a Gen4 extraction pin and it fixed the problem.
    I guess they are mixing parts among the generations.

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    ive had my glock 34 gen 4 for just over a week, ive put about 5 or 600 rounds through it and no issues except my wifes bad wrist support on her first time shooting, causing a few fail to chambers

otherwise 100% solid, even shot perfect while it snowed at the engage armament training last week

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329429893.127255.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329429893.127255.jpg
      76.7 KB · Views: 964

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD

Glock 21 gen 4 - 1200 rounds through her since December - not a single issue. Glock will make it right if you have a problem. Make that purchase.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Glock 21 gen 4 - 1200 rounds through her since December - not a single issue. Glock will make it right if you have a problem. Make that purchase.

Yes, they will. If you have to send it back, make sure to have them send you a pre-paid shipping label. The first time I sent one back, the CSR had me pay for the shipping up front. I ended up getting a Tac Light out of them for that mistake on my part.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

Are you stating Glock will make it right? If you believe that, read the following who has been through multiple weapons:

Psalms144.1 Offline

When my Gen4 went back (Dec11), I was told by Glock that they did all their testing with Blazer Brass. I requested its replacement be tested with 200 rounds of M882 NATO ball (our OCONUS carry load and stateside training load) and 200 rounds of Fed HST or equivalent JHP (our CONUS carry load).

I was told that the two 3rd Gen pistols they tried that failed to go 200 trouble free rounds were fired with M882. The most recent 3rd Gen they sent me - SDA prefix, Nov11 production date, showed erratic ejection with M882 from round #2 out of the box.

All I know is what a very senior guy in the warranty department told me at SHOT - and that was that if I needed a no BS reliable G19, I needed to find a lightly used on produced before 2010. In fact, I thought that's what I was going to get (a like-new Demo gun) before they shipped me the last, bad, recent production 3rd Gen...

Glock is replacing my G19 with a Gen4 G21 at my request, and I've switched my daily carry pistol to a P30, so I no longer have a dog in this fight. I can't begin to tell you how unhappy this all makes me, as I have been a fanatically loyal Glock guy for decades. But I can't stake my life and my teammates lives on a pistol that may or may not do its job in a use of force situation.

For the majority of Glock users who have G19s that work - good Lord I wish I could trade places with you...

Regards,

Kevin

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Why take the chance? Buy a Gen 3 or earlier and be done with the worry.

I'm pretty amazed that Glock took an almost perfect designed and messed it up trying to "improve" it. Sort of like New Coke to me.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    im going to take the risk and order a gen 4 g17 with my glocktober letter. Especially if late model gen 3's are having issues. Id rather have the gen 4 and play the back and forth game with glock if need be.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Brand-new Gen4 Glock 22. 100 rounds of Winchester white-box through it so far using fully-loaded mags. Not a single failure.

I realize that's not many rounds, but I've read that Gen4 FTE problems usually happen with low-round-count pistols. (I spent many hours reading up on it before I decided to drop big money on the G22.) If they don't fail out of the box, they likely won't fail.

Most of the problems I've read about were the first release of the Gen4 and mostly the 19. The revised recoil spring seems to solve the problem. Mine came with the revised spring. I'm going to put another 100 rounds through it tomorrow. :D

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I realize that's not many rounds, but I've read that Gen4 FTE problems usually happen with low-round-count pistols. (I spent many hours reading up on it before I decided to drop big money on the G22.) If they don't fail out of the box, they likely won't fail.

Most of the problems I've read about were the first release of the Gen4 and mostly the 19. The revised recoil spring seems to solve the problem. Mine came with the revised spring. I'm going to put another 100 rounds through it tomorrow. :D

My Gen 4 G17 born on 08/03/2010 has over 10K rounds downrange. Zero FTE & FTF just ejecting issues to the head and face. Have been through three (3) RSA's (current is 0-2-4) and two (2) Ejectors (current is 30274) and two (2) extractors (not sure what the factory replaced, but they claim it was replaced.)

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I have a Gen 4 19 I got at the beginning of the year. It has ejection problems.

I have the correct spring (0-4-3) and ejector (30274). I've done a good bit of reading about it and I believe the problem to lie in the extractor. I have seen brass even eject to the left (that's weird) and also jam lengthwise in te ejection port when you'd expect to see a stovepipe. I have no intentions of sending the gun back to Glock because it's gonna be hit or miss on wether or not it will fix the problem.

That said, I've seen many good reviews for the lone wolf extractor which is currently backordered, it only costs $15 and I'm gonna buy one as soon as available. Also, Apex is supposedly working on one as well plus an ejector! I saw that over at M4carbine and they expect news on it sometime soon. I will also get one of those. I'll report back when I get my hands on some parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom