• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    So after a serious bicep and shoulder surgery I bought a Glock 44 in hopes of the 22lr being a good "one handed" gun to keep me on the range even in a sling.
    The beavertail backstrap just seems like it was the way to go until I use the other hand again. It only adds a pinch bigger grip size to keep me away from a slide bite. Never shot a Glock with any other grip but the standard before.
    Anybody else in the beavertail mode ?
    Using the bigger grips as you've got KingKong hands ?
    Just throw the others away and just go with the standard ?
    Am I just overthinking ?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Tried the back straps. I liked the beaver tail but didn’t care for, or need, the additional circumference to the grip. I want to try cutting one down to just use the beaver tail without it adding grip size as the basic grip is fine for me. All of my Glocks are Gen4.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    my carry gun is a glock 32 gen 4 which is in a famously snappy round 357sig. I have the L size with beavertail on it and it helps me recover faster after each shot. I notice the width from the side is wider with the backstrap, feels better in my hand.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's going to be one of those things where, if it works for you, fine. If not, then maybe it isn't necessary.
    Me, I want my palm web as high up as I can get it. That makes it easier to control recoil. If the beaver tail moves your hand lower down on the grip/back, you'll have to decide if it's an advantage.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    It’s definitely an acquired taste. Tried it for a little bit at the range but ultimately ended up switching back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom