• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Never shot one. All the reviews I've seen, give the Edge to the Shield. The out of the box trigger, on the 43, kinda' sucks. It's definitely more than the 5.5lbs they advertise. I'm also not as good with the stock Glock sights. I prefer the 3 dot set up. That being said, I'm an eternal Glock fan. I spent $22, and turned the trigger into a very good one. Still looking for some better sights. I'm leaning towards the trijicon HD's in Orange.

I've got the Triijicon HDs on my Shield with no safety. Love them...

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    You can compare the two by renting them at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick. I compared the Glock 43 to both the S&W Shield and the Springfield XDS (all in 9 mm) at the range a few weeks ago and I personally preferred the Shield and the XDS to the Glock (I preferred the Shield over the XDS by a hair). But YMMV. The only way to know for sure what you like is to rent the two handguns and try them out before you spring for one (pun intended!). Enjoy!

Cal68

Im sure with the hype over the 43 you can get a deal on a shield and an XDs, maybe both for the price of a new 43.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Picked up my 43 today.:D

Attachments

• 20151001_191746.jpg
      20151001_191746.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 215

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Those of you with the G43, how's your trigger???? Heavy??? Really heavy???

A good friend bought one, and his trigger pull is over 6.5 lbs., closer to 7.5.

The addition of a Ghost connector (tonight), got it to 3.75 lbs.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Honestly I haven't noticed any difference between it and my other Glocks. :shrug:

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Mine.. Waiting for someone to come out with a dual color night sights

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 224

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    When I picked up my 43, I had Engage install the Trijicon High Definition night sights. The orange ring around the illuminated front sight makes it jump out at you in bright sunlight. The added cost was well worth it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    When I picked up my 43, I had Engage install the Trijicon High Definition night sights. The orange ring around the illuminated front sight makes it jump out at you in bright sunlight. The added cost was well worth it.
    It was nice meeting you that day by the way I was coming in as you were leaving.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Yes! The trigger was a bit heavier than its bigger brothers. Thanks Ghost!

Definitely going to get them.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    You can compare the two by renting them at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick. I compared the Glock 43 to both the S&W Shield and the Springfield XDS (all in 9 mm) at the range a few weeks ago and I personally preferred the Shield and the XDS to the Glock (I preferred the Shield over the XDS by a hair). But YMMV. The only way to know for sure what you like is to rent the two handguns and try them out before you spring for one (pun intended!). Enjoy!

Cal68

I sort of agree with you. Still carry my xd/s 45 from time to time along with the 43. LIke the shield and do think that it shoots a little softer BUT I think the glock is built better. Why because after shoot over 50k+ rounds through glocks, I've never had a problem. Love the ghost connector.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I sort of agree with you. Still carry my xd/s 45 from time to time along with the 43. LIke the shield and do think that it shoots a little softer BUT I think the glock is built better. Why because after shoot over 50k+ rounds through glocks, I've never had a problem. Love the ghost connector.
    And that is why, I am a fanboy.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Trigger was heavy!

There is controversy over wether a trigger should surprise you, (not me) but I was surprised at how heavy th one I got was. 1100 rnds break in and a ghost it's almost where I'm comfortable with it.

Waiting for a 33rnd mag to come out :)

Little fox should be here today. I forget who recommended that one but thanks. Boundless?

Last edited:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Trigger was heavy!

There is controversy over wether a trigger should surprise you, (not me) but I was surprised at how heavy th one I got was. 1100 rnds break in and a ghost it's almost where I'm comfortable with it.

Waiting for a 33rnd mag to come out :)

Little fox should be here today. I forget who recommended that one but thanks. Boundless?
    Yep it was most likely me. If I don't chime in now Blaster229 will be along to point out that I love Little Foxx holsters and mention it frequently. LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom