• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    How'd you do compared to me?:innocent0

Straight out of the box, no cleaning or lubing, first three mags (18 shots) from 10 yards. Top black target.

20150830_152329_zpsipe1fn4g.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks pretty good for rapid fire. :D

And for mortals like myself, I would be happy slow firing a small pistol and getting that result :) ... (although with the Makarov, I can get close to that pattern on a mag dump at 10 yards).

If you're game for going to a range sometime in October, I'd love to get some pointers. :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And for mortals like myself, I would be happy slow firing a small pistol and getting that result :) ... (although with the Makarov, I can get close to that pattern on a mag dump at 10 yards).

If you're game for going to a range sometime in October, I'd love to get some pointers. :D

I was surely jesting about the rapid fire, sort of. When shooters have a full mag, it is very easy to get ramped up and press that trigger quickly. Unbeknownst to the shooter, they are rushing, thus rushing their aim and missing basics. I'd probably say those touching shots were the first few shots.
    When I have people load 1 round at a time, they cannot help but slow down and shoot much better groups.

October is good. Come on out to the "cabin" one day.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Straight out of the box, no cleaning or lubing, first three mags (18 shots) from 10 yards. Top black target.

20150830_152329_zpsipe1fn4g.jpg

Yeah, I didn't break mine down prior to shooting either. I'm interested in how I'll do now that I put in the ghost connector. It really smoothed it out quite a bit.

If you can do it with a Makarov's tiny sights, you can do it with something else. Although, I am pretty good with my Mak's too:D

How do you guys think it compares to the S&W Shield?

Never shot one. All the reviews I've seen, give the Edge to the Shield. The out of the box trigger, on the 43, kinda' sucks. It's definitely more than the 5.5lbs they advertise. I'm also not as good with the stock Glock sights. I prefer the 3 dot set up. That being said, I'm an eternal Glock fan. I spent $22, and turned the trigger into a very good one. Still looking for some better sights. I'm leaning towards the trijicon HD's in Orange.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I got my 43 when they first became MD legal, but I just got out to the range on Tuesday. I fired 100 rds and I love it. It will replace my Kahr P9 as my full time carry weapon.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I fired a .40 cal this summer, for the first time, and was surprised that it didn't seem to have much recoil as I expected. It was actually between my .9mm and .45.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Yeah, I didn't break mine down prior to shooting either. I'm interested in how I'll do now that I put in the ghost connector. It really smoothed it out quite a bit.

If you can do it with a Makarov's tiny sights, you can do it with something else. Although, I am pretty good with my Mak's too:D

Never shot one. All the reviews I've seen, give the Edge to the Shield. The out of the box trigger, on the 43, kinda' sucks. It's definitely more than the 5.5lbs they advertise. I'm also not as good with the stock Glock sights. I prefer the 3 dot set up. That being said, I'm an eternal Glock fan. I spent $22, and turned the trigger into a very good one. Still looking for some better sights. I'm leaning towards the trijicon HD's in Orange.
    I have a Shield and a 43. I give the edge to the Glock by far. The Shield does not point naturally for me and the grip feels too slim like it is mismatched with the slide.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    How do you guys think it compares to the S&W Shield?

You can compare the two by renting them at The Machine Gun Nest in Frederick. I compared the Glock 43 to both the S&W Shield and the Springfield XDS (all in 9 mm) at the range a few weeks ago and I personally preferred the Shield and the XDS to the Glock (I preferred the Shield over the XDS by a hair). But YMMV. The only way to know for sure what you like is to rent the two handguns and try them out before you spring for one (pun intended!). Enjoy!

Cal68

amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    Finally, after 2 weeks, picked up my new 43. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I will post a report when I do. I love how small it is and when and if we get carry it will be a fine carry piece. :party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom