• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Never buy the 'A' model of anything. Wait a year for them to work out the kinks.

Great point indeed. I can't remember what caused it, but Glock re-designed the G42 mags quickly and quietly after release. No one can forget the ejection issues with the first Gen4 glocks either.

Easyjk

Dec 12, 2014
    I waited too long for Glock to come out with a single stack 9mm so picked up a Walther PPS instead. I will probably buy this too if I can sell my Glock 27.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I said this was gonna be a purchase but I'm glad I've thought this over. Count me out. The weight reduction and slim single stack can't justify the fewer rounds IMHO. If your staying in the 9mm game get the 26.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Let me be the first to say that between the horrible tracking of the plus and really bad chroma key at the end, Glock needs to up its production budget, lol.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I said this was gonna be a purchase but I'm glad I've thought this over. Count me out. The weight reduction and slim single stack can't justify the fewer rounds IMHO. If your staying in the 9mm game get the 26.
    This as a BUG only. Definitely a G26 for primary CC. This would go nice as an ankle gun while toting a G19 or G26 IWB.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I have a Kahr P9 because it's a single stack and easier to conceal than my G26. I wore it on a 4500 mile M/C ride. However, I have never liked the length and weight of the Kahr's trigger pull. I even sent it out to Cylinder and Slide, but they could only smooth it, not lighten it. The G42 is about the same size as the Kahr, but I always said that I was holding out for a 9mm version. If it does come out, I will definitely look into it.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Having owned a Glock 36 I will not be purchasing a Glock 43. The Glock 36 was also single stack and it was a complete piece of crap. The weapon used to fail to extract or eject every second or third round and from talking with other G36 owners this level of dysfunction was common. I finally managed to sell the gun at a steep loss. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Never again.

I also see no reason to carry a single stack semi-automatic when there are easily concealable revolvers which carry 6 or 7 seven rounds. After I put my G36 out to pasture I carried a Colt Detective Special which was just as accurate and never failed to perform as expected. I prefer revolvers to semi-autos and if it weren't for the fact that I'm required to carry a Glock I'd still be carrying a wheel gun both on and off duty. Take away the double stack magazine and the capacity it offers and any attraction the weapon might have disappears.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lot of common sense in the above post. Many great small revolver options.

Would also be curious in seeing some eventual reviews comparing to established single stack compact 9 mm pistols incl the S&W Shield which seems to be pretty reliable and isn't too different in size. As pointed out earlier, the Shield is very reasonably priced these days (and even the Walther PPS might be less than some of the announced Glock 43 pricing).

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It occurs to me that one of the strengths of double stack Glocks was that any larger capacity magazine could be used in a smaller framed gun. Assuming that Glock will not be producing a single stack full sized gun with larger capacity mags, that seems a weakness to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom