• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baltimorejake

Ladder Truck Wheelin Fool
    I have been looking at the youtube Vids to see what all the hubbub is ETC…….. Any one have on or know some one that has done this Conversion? Was gifted a Storm lake .40 to 9MM barrel. Now to find any G17 magazines is going to be painful I think.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I have been looking at the youtube Vids to see what all the hubbub is ETC…….. Any one have on or know some one that has done this Conversion? Was gifted a Storm lake .40 to 9MM barrel. Now to find any G17 magazines is going to be painful I think.

me. use your glock .40 mags.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I am going to be doing tghe same thing to my G22 and have been looking for the G17 mags, 17 or even 10 rounders....can't find any. I was told that the regular .40 mags work most of the time....:-)

You can try them though....

i use a lonewolf one on my G22 and it works decently for plinking. it will FTE from time to time, so i wouldn't trust it for carry. try botach for the mags. mine just shipped today from there, so they might have some in still.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    i use a lonewolf one on my G22 and it works decently for plinking. it will FTE from time to time, so i wouldn't trust it for carry. try botach for the mags. mine just shipped today from there, so they might have some in still.

Thats why I sold mine and got a G19 instead due to FTE !

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    For years I ran a Gen 3 23 with a Federal 40 to 9 conversion without any issue. I would estimate my round count is about 6k to 8k. Don't think they make Federal barrel anymore.

for the same pistol, I cheap it out and bought a LWD threaded 40 to 9. and then it started to give me FTF (1 in 100 average), and "hit my face" ejection (1 in 40 average)

suck it up and shot more to break in, and a detail clean plus polish the feed ramp, its got better but still happens... finally got pissed off and spend the right money to buy Stormlake barrel. Now I can trust this pistol again.

Still, should've listen to Chad in the first place. Don't bother to convert, if you want to shoot 9mm, get a 9mm.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have a Long Wolf 9mm conversion for my Glock 22 and two cheap Korean mags; I've never had a problem with it but I've read online of some folks having ejection issues and problems with the extractor wearing. I'm not sure WHY the extractor would have unusual wear as the brass is much softer than the steel, but whatever.

FWIW - The Lone Wolf barrel is definitely more accurate for me than the factory barrel; could be because I'm shooting 9mm v 40SW.

I'm not much of a Glock fan; now converting a P229 40SW to 357Sig... now you're talking. :party29:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    After talking to a bunch of guys that use LoneWolfe barrels, and a couple that use Storm Lake, Storm Lake is the way to go, on a conversion.

Two issues going .40 to 9mm.
    • Ejector. Some are having issues when using the .40 for 9mm. Easy enough swap. (1 minute or less.)
    • Extractor. Should be a non-issue. Strip the slide and clean/re-lube, re-assemble.
    Put ONE DROP of CLP on the 'post' (or pivot) on the back of the extractor.

My personal 'biggest complaint' about LoneWolfe is that huge logo that they put on their barrels.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've been running a Storm Lake 40-9 conversion barrel in my gen3 G23 for several years. It has been 100% reliable when using G19 mags but has stovepipe issues when using 33 round 9mm mags. I thought maybe it was due to the added "wobble" of the 33's but they work great in a G19.

...just something to keep in mind.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Over on GLOCK Talk the general consensus seems to be by the time you spend all the money required... just get a 9mm pistol. I agree. Just my $0.02.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Over on GLOCK Talk the general consensus seems to be by the time you spend all the money required... just get a 9mm pistol. I agree. Just my $0.02.

I bought the G19 Gen3 first, and was going to buy a Lone Wolf complete .40 slide assembly and barrel, until I came up with the total price = more than a G23!!!!

No thanks.

I bought the G23 Gen3 w/ GSSF discount, and paid $398.20 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom