• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    I just ordered a Burris Fastfire iii to put on mine. It definitely tames full power ammo.

Just wondering if you considered a Vortex Venom before you ordered the Fastfire III? They are about the same price and it comes with the Vortex unconditional lifetime warranty. I put a Venom on my G34 MOS and I'm very happy with it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Both are awesome looking holsters and I know they are really the only two out there buttttt.........just in case you're going with those due to lack of any other real non custom product.......they make some cool stuff especially if you plan to run a TLR .....WAIT WHAT.? Yup with a TLR. http://www.kt-mech.com/gallery/DSC_0613.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 482

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Have you considered a Kydex chest rig or cross draw? I think that I may prefer one of those options to a hip holster. While standing access is fine... sitting down anywhere with a hip holster and a long barrel/slide hand gun is not conducive to convenient access.

Yeah, I'm considering cross draw for that reason. I don't know if I want across the chest since this will have to be somewhat concealed at times so I don't scare the yuppies in VA when I'm hiking. I may just keep carrying my Glock 26 or 19 when hiking.

Unfortunately, Diamond D doesn't make that hip holster in crossdraw for autos.

I do like the Galco Single Action Outdoorsman though. It can be worn strong side or crossdraw. If only they could make that same holster for a Glock 40.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah, I'm considering cross draw for that reason. I don't know if I want across the chest since this will have to be somewhat concealed at times so I don't scare the yuppies in VA when I'm hiking. I may just keep carrying my Glock 26 or 19 when hiking.

Unfortunately, Diamond D doesn't make that hip holster in crossdraw for autos.

I do like the Galco Single Action Outdoorsman though. It can be worn strong side or crossdraw. If only they could make that same holster for a Glock 40.

If you are concerned about concealed carry of a hog leg of that size... A shoulder holster that hangs with the barrel pointed down on the off side.

Or something like this.
    images

or this.
    slashclose.gif

S.L.A.S.H.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Nice!

I have the 20 with the hunting barrel in it. I'm not a Glock fan but if you like 10mm it is the way to go in my mind.

Tempted to get the 40 but not sure I want to take the beating to get rid of the 20 yet.
    Yeah I will offer you a fraction of what you paid for the 20, LOL

GregSB

Feb 20, 2013
    Just wondering if you considered a Vortex Venom before you ordered the Fastfire III? They are about the same price and it comes with the Vortex unconditional lifetime warranty. I put a Venom on my G34 MOS and I'm very happy with it.

I did look at the Vortex, but everwhere it was in stock was $100 more than the Burris. The Burris also has a lifetime warranty. This will be my first red dot sight. I can always upgrade down the road. Did you add taller sights to co witness?

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    I did look at the Vortex, but everwhere it was in stock was $100 more than the Burris. The Burris also has a lifetime warranty. This will be my first red dot sight. I can always upgrade down the road. Did you add taller sights to co witness?

I added the Dawson Precision MOS sights. I can do a lower 1/3 co-witness and so far I'm very pleased with this setup. The Burris sits slightly higher (only a few thousandths of an inch) than the Venom, so the result will be a little different.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/sights-for-glock/dawson-fixed-sight-sets/mos/

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I just sent off a gssf cert for the 40 the other day. The wait is going to kill me. Nice pistol. I'm interested to see which holster you end up with.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just sent off a gssf cert for the 40 the other day. The wait is going to kill me. Nice pistol. I'm interested to see which holster you end up with.

Someone at work got his within a few weeks. I think his order was just in time to catch the July production run. I have no idea how often these are made, but there were two runs in 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom