• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Recommended sights?

I won't be putting an RMR on this one for a while.

10-8 maybe? I dont know much about them and have had shit for time recently to research.

All my other Glocks have Trijicon or Glock factory tritium sights. I am looking for a fixed sight that is a little more target oriented. I typically shoot 147 grain handloads during informal target practice and the occasional 3gun/2 gun match and prefer a practical/defense oriented style of equipment.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    If you want open type sights I prefer front and rear fiber optic sets from Dawson Precision. I usually use red front sights and green rear sights but sometimes just the opposite. As long as they are different color they work well.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    For competition I recommend a black rear notch and fiber front. Allows for faster acquisition of the front sight. Dawson makes this set up as well.
    Also why I am not a fan of the novelty rear plates folks put on their Glocks. Too much info at the rear of the gun is confusing to the eye.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Well it seems like Dawson gets the unanimous vote. Looking at their website, I think I will go with the non-cowitness MOS sights with the green fiber rear and red front.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    For competition I recommend a black rear notch and fiber front. Allows for faster acquisition of the front sight. Dawson makes this set up as well.
    Also why I am not a fan of the novelty rear plates folks put on their Glocks. Too much info at the rear of the gun is confusing to the eye.
    Novelty plates?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Thank you both for the recommendation for Dawson Precision sights! I ordered over the phone due to issues with the mobile site. Quick shipping and the sights look great. I have them test fitted now and am looking forward to trying them out.
    20fdb62b9403431666fb27232b38132e.jpg

13584601647818a0049d95251e15e858.jpg

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Thank you both for the recommendation for Dawson Precision sights! I ordered over the phone due to issues with the mobile site. Quick shipping and the sights look great. I have them test fitted now and am looking forward to trying them out.
    20fdb62b9403431666fb27232b38132e.jpg

13584601647818a0049d95251e15e858.jpg

Nice!

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Yeah... I've been looking at those. My other Glocks just have factory triggers. I thought I might try something different with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom