• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    image.jpg

The bottom target is 7-8 yards. I know it's not 25 yards, but, it's the only picture I've got of my glock 19 shot placement. It is a 6" target though.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I have shot Glock 17s for over 20 years. I am retired LEO. Not a lot of difference between 17 and 19. About 1/2 inch and 2 less rounds. Pretty accurate weapon and never heard of someone catching their hand in the slide. Many Military Spec Ops use 19s due to simplicity and reliability.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I get good accuracy at 30yds. Only 9mm I have that shoots better is my Sig 226 and that's a pretty good price difference. Most of the time I can't decide if my G19 or my CZ P-07 shoots better but they are priced about the same. I've never caught my hand on the slide and I have a fairly large hand.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    How is the accuracy of the Glock 19 at 25 yd?
    Has anyone caught their hand web in the slide return while shooting rapid fire?

Great, I can make hits at 100 yds if I do my part.

I have never gotten slide bite and I use as high of a grip as I can and shoot really, really fast. The only thing I have done is pinch my hand between the mag and the magwell, ouch!

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Look up hickok45 on YouTube. He can do amazing things with a Glock 19...out to 80 yards.

****THIS. Glock 19 is a plenty accurate firearm. The sight radius is shorter than the 17 or 34, etc.. but the gun itself is very accurate with decent ammo. At 25 yds I can consistently hit a small salad plate in semi-rapid fire. I've done bowling pin shoots with the final table out at 25 yds and cleaned the table consistently with the 19, though no where near as quickly as with the longer slide 34.

If you use decent ammo, the 19 is more accurate than the overwhelming majority of people who use it for sure. A great gun..

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I can't remember his name but a guy who shot at one of the Maryland State IDPA matches who is a distinguished master used a Glock 19.

I would say they are just fine at 25 yards and more probably.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I can't remember his name but a guy who shot at one of the Maryland State IDPA matches who is a distinguished master used a Glock 19.

I would say they are just fine at 25 yards and more probably.

Lol I shoot SSP with my stock G19 and shoot very well. I hope to take it to that level! I also want to smash the 1911 guys in CDP with my G21SF.

Basically a GLOCK is as accurate as the shooter. G19 is fine, a longer slide makes it slightly easier to make the hits. I like it because it just feels "right". I've heard some refer to it as the "Goldilocks GLOCK."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Lol I shoot SSP with my stock G19 and shoot very well. I hope to take it to that level! I also want to smash the 1911 guys in CDP with my G21SF.

Basically a GLOCK is as accurate as the shooter. G19 is fine, a longer slide makes it slightly easier to make the hits. I like it because it just feels "right". I've heard some refer to it as the "Goldilocks GLOCK."

At some point I'd like to pick up a 21SF. I shot a friends and loved it, he sold it later and I kick myself for not jumping on it.

I have a Gen 2 19 and it's one of my favorites. Pretty much the only autos I own are Glocks and 1911's.

Maybe a couple 22's??

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    At some point I'd like to pick up a 21SF. I shot a friends and loved it, he sold it later and I kick myself for not jumping on it.

I have a Gen 2 19 and it's one of my favorites. Pretty much the only autos I own are Glocks and 1911's.

Maybe a couple 22's??

I love mine. It has a different feel from the 19 but I only have a few hundred rounds through it. I have Ameriglo CAP sights on the way. I can't shoot well with the factory GLOCK sights, I need 3 dots or dot/post.

Speaking of .22s, I have a Beretta 92 conversion kit for the M9A1 project I'm starting... haven't had a .22 pistol since I sold my CZ Kadet kit. I'm a big fan of the conversions, very good for training.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    How can anybody argue with " perfection" ? glock 19 is good to go in my book. no problems EVER from mine in the 2 years ive owned it and never have I had " slide bite
    '.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I love mine. It has a different feel from the 19 but I only have a few hundred rounds through it. I have Ameriglo CAP sights on the way. I can't shoot well with the factory GLOCK sights, I need 3 dots or dot/post.

Speaking of .22s, I have a Beretta 92 conversion kit for the M9A1 project I'm starting... haven't had a .22 pistol since I sold my CZ Kadet kit. I'm a big fan of the conversions, very good for training.

I like the 22 kits too, especially when ammo was hard to find. I bought a tactical solutions 22 conversion for my Glock but am honestly less than thrilled with it. Very accurate but couldn't get it to run very well. Tried the recommended ammo and lots of others and had so many FTE's and FTF's that I about threw it in the bay.

When I started getting into 1911's I bought a GSG 1911 to practice with. It's not a bad gun for the money, I have put a ton of ammo through it.

I didn't know Beretta made a .22 kit for the 92? I traded mine off for an XD last year. I figured since I was out of the Navy I didn't need to stay proficient on it. I shoulda kept it though to keep the armorer skills fresh.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Mine is far more accurate than me. I haven't caught my hand, but I have to be mindful when shooting it. It's very close. I'm thinking about a beaver tail for it.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I like the 22 kits too, especially when ammo was hard to find. I bought a tactical solutions 22 conversion for my Glock but am honestly less than thrilled with it. Very accurate but couldn't get it to run very well. Tried the recommended ammo and lots of others and had so many FTE's and FTF's that I about threw it in the bay.

When I started getting into 1911's I bought a GSG 1911 to practice with. It's not a bad gun for the money, I have put a ton of ammo through it.

I didn't know Beretta made a .22 kit for the 92? I traded mine off for an XD last year. I figured since I was out of the Navy I didn't need to stay proficient on it. I shoulda kept it though to keep the armorer skills fresh.

I have found the Remington golden bullet bulk packs work great in my g19 advantage arms 22LR kit. Yes, the kit is really finicky with ammo and lube. I have found mine works best with minimal lube and I have to keep the chamber clean or I get stuck casings and other malfunctions. I have started using a bore snake every 150 rounds or so and most of my problems went away. I also notice a significant increase in performance after about 500 rounds. Personally I think they need a better extractor/extractor spring, the stock one doesn’t seem to hold onto the case well enough. I can shoot whole IDPA matches with it without a single malfunction. :)

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I have found the Remington golden bullet bulk packs work great in my g19 advantage arms 22LR kit. Yes, the kit is really finicky with ammo and lube. I have found mine works best with minimal lube and I have to keep the chamber clean or I get stuck casings and other malfunctions. I have started using a bore snake every 150 rounds or so and most of my problems went away. I also notice a significant increase in performance after about 500 rounds. Personally I think they need a better extractor/extractor spring, the stock one doesn’t seem to hold onto the case well enough. I can shoot whole IDPA matches with it without a single malfunction. :)

I have the best results with the same ammo. I've tried others , but this works well; no issues.

When I had an issue, after checking here, I contacted Advantage. They suggested cleaning the feed ramp. Polishing it and keepin it clean has worked.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

I think I've used that bullet before but can't remember for sure?

When I am back if I can't get the tactical solutions kit to run any better I may try the advantage arms then.

I could never get mine to run through an entire match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom