• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    I know this will probably be like Remington vs. Mossberg so for that I am sorry :D.. But I was just looking for some insight/opinions. Both feel great in my hands and are about the same price wise. I see more Glocks then M&Ps but I haven't made up my mind either way. Thanks again for insight.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    2 sides of the same coin, IMO.

While I personally prefer the M&P series myself, a Glock won't be a bad choice by any means.

FWIW - Actually started out with Glocks as my first semiauto handgun.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    find a range that rents both and give them both a try.

but do look at the availability and cost of parts and accessories (holsters, sights, magazines, trigger components, etc).

Acme

Apr 12, 2013
    Mount Washington
    I like both. But when I went to buy, the Glock 19 was in stock so I jumped on it. Now waiting 10 weeks for my ND to pick it up.

I like that the magazines are interchangeable with my Glock 26. I picked up a few 17 round mags (before they are criminalized) and with the +2 extenders and grip extensions, it gives a few combinations to choose from between my 2 guns.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I like both. But when I went to buy, the Glock 19 was in stock so I jumped on it. Now waiting 10 weeks for my ND to pick it up.

I like that the magazines are interchangeable with my Glock 26. I picked up a few 17 round mags (before they are criminalized) and with the +2 extenders and grip extensions, it gives a few combinations to choose from between my 2 guns.

I do the same with my G26 and Sub 2000. Going to buy a G17 before October to complete the trifecta.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    One of my friends has the M&P and another has a Glock each swear by their guns. I have shot both and again they feel the same lol. How are they to break down and clean, I hear the Glock is ridiculously simple but nothing about and M&P. I'm sure it's the same way.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Glock 19 is larger than the M&P9c, and is probably better sized to be an all-around gun.

The M&P9c, being smaller, is a better size for dedicated concealed carry.

Of course, the Glock 26 is even smaller. It is really specialized for concealed carry.

Sizes, larger to smaller:

1 Glock 17

2 M&P Full Size

3 Glock 19

4 M&P Compact

5 Glock 26

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I haven't shot the M&P, but I heard its a quality firearm. I personally love GLOCK though, and the 19 feels perfect in my hand so it'd get my vote.

pseudonym

Mar 4, 2013
    HoCo
    Get both! I went with Glock because it is very simple and has proven reliability, not the S&W isn't reliable. Plus there are so many accessories and options out there for them. Unless you hate shooting a Glock, you can't go wrong with it.

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    I have both. But I carry my M&P9c more often due to the ergonomics. Both are great handguns.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    One of my friends has the M&P and another has a Glock each swear by their guns. I have shot both and again they feel the same lol. How are they to break down and clean, I hear the Glock is ridiculously simple but nothing about and M&P. I'm sure it's the same way.

M&P takedown is pretty easy - slide lock, trip sear deactivation lever, rotate takedown, and it's apart.

Glock has got the majority of LEO, the M&P is also getting a fair amount of LEO contracts.

It all comes down to preference. Put both in your hand, shot both, make your decision. Or just buy both, that works as well.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    After a ton of research on both and trying each one out, I went with the m&p 9mm. Try them both before your final decision.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I like glocks over m&p's, but it's completely grip size. I have a smaller friend who is the exact opposite. You can't go wrong either way. I've shot both and they handle similarly. If it were for carry, I might lean more toward the m&p

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Just for grins, I put a 32 round mag in my 26. I started firing and started to wonder if it was ever going to lock back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom