• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montigre

May 16, 2016
    As a lady who is just getting back into shooting (guns) after a very long break, I have to admit that I was intimidated about the thought of walking into a gun shop (typical stereotypes apply).

However, those feelings quickly vanished when I was warmly greeted by the staff as soon as I entered the shop and was given Mark's full attention even though there were other customers in the store at the time.

I had a pretty good idea of what I was looking for to get into target shooting and and while they did not have the exact model I had in mind, they did have another, made by the same manufacturer, that was actually a better fit.

All of the staff I met were very knowledgeable about shooting and were also willing to spend extra time helping me navigate the MD gun law maze. All of my questions were answered in a professional manner and I never felt out of place.

Because of the very positive experience I had, I have since gone back to purchase the 2nd gun I wanted for SD/HD. After being shown several examples, I settled on one of the urban grey beauties they had. (just have to wait for the HQL...:innocent0)

I'd like to thank all the staff at 2A Sales for treating a lady right!! You'll definitely be my go-to place for anything gun related. :party29:

~Gail

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    As a lady who is just getting back into shooting (guns) after a very long break, I have to admit that I was intimidated about the thought of walking into a gun shop (typical stereotypes apply).

However, those feelings quickly vanished when I was warmly greeted by the staff as soon as I entered the shop and was given Mark's full attention even though there were other customers in the store at the time.

I had a pretty good idea of what I was looking for to get into target shooting and and while they did not have the exact model I had in mind, they did have another, made by the same manufacturer, that was actually a better fit.

All of the staff I met were very knowledgeable about shooting and were also willing to spend extra time helping me navigate the MD gun law maze. All of my questions were answered in a professional manner and I never felt out of place.

Because of the very positive experience I had, I have since gone back to purchase the 2nd gun I wanted for SD/HD. After being shown several examples, I settled on one of the urban grey beauties they had. (just have to wait for the HQL...:innocent0)

I'd like to thank all the staff at 2A Sales for treating a lady right!! You'll definitely be my go-to place for anything gun related. :party29:

~Gail

They are good peeps.

Btw.... Thank you for your good grammar. 200 word sentences with 38 commas are all too common here. :D

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    They are good peeps.

Btw.... Thank you for your good grammar. 200 word sentences with 38 commas are all too common here. :D

You kneed too not be so naggy, because it gets peoplles feelings hert, and they will report you four it, because you are rood.

:)

montigre

May 16, 2016

Haha.... I once received an A+ for a high school English project that required writing a "paragraph-long" run on sentence without error. So, I believe the 38 comma sentence would be a piece of cake...:lol2:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You kneed too not be so naggy, because it gets peoplles feelings hert, and they will report you four it, because you are rood.

:)

Let me axe ewes somethink, Did any of yous have teachers that did this? I was famus fer makin what my teachers wuld call run on sentences, and anytime I read my thoughts, they seemd to make sense to me, so I dint see anythink wrong with how I wrote so I think they just wanted to make lotsa red marks on my papers to make them feel important. I shoulda went to the principle to tell him how bad my teachers were.

PS, Montigre, Glad you found 2A and were well taken care of. I am glad to hear you found some weapons to purchase and were given permission to do so.
    Pardon me for my sarcasm. Oh wait, I thought the Constitution already did that.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    PS, Montigre, Glad you found 2A and were well taken care of. I am glad to hear you found some weapons to purchase and were given permission to do so.
    Pardon me for my sarcasm. Oh wait, I thought the Constitution already did that.

Good one, chilipepper. While I did purchase a couple of weapons, I was just given "permission" to do so today. Took 3 weeks for a person with a past TS clearance and squeaky clean background....:innocent0

Now only to wait for the hard copy card so I can finally take these beauties home.... Oh no, but that means another trip to the shop... with the risk of another purchase.... Oh, please help me...LOL!!

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    My wallet doesn't recommend this place. Every time I've gone there I haven't had the willpower to stop myself from buying something.

Especially when I see a suppressor in that case.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Montigre, I was rudely awakened to my inadequacy, I mean need to re- confirm /conform myself to the new law enacted since I bought my last pistol.

In other words, I bought a pistol as I WAS legal to do, but found out I no longer had the MD qualifications necessary to expediently bring it home.
    This all began back in March and the weapon is still sitting at the FFL waiting for me to wait some more after I fill in my 4473 form.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    Crap, chilipepper.....3 months???? I had no idea that was even possible. Hope you're able to get things squared away.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys (girls)...making me feel all warm and fuzzy here... ;-)

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Crap, chilipepper.....3 months???? I had no idea that was even possible. Hope you're able to get things squared away.

To clarify, my wait began normally as I bought the gun in Pa. at an auction I regularly purchase from. The owner delivered my pistol within 2 weeks to the Md FFL I deal with. I expected the couple week wait, as the auctioneer and I discussed his schedule that caused him to take a few weeks to get it hand delivered to the FFL. I then expected to fill out paperwork and have the gun home in about another week.

Wrong, this is when the FFL told me about the HQL BS. Then I had to move my mom to a new house and a few other things before getting the HQL process rolling. Once I got printed and submitting the MSP info, it took about 3 weeks to get approved. So now that I have my card, I can finally go to the FFL to get more paperwork filled in and then wait the final wait.

Going to head by the FFL today and fill in the papers.
    All should go smoothly then. Thanks

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    To clarify, my wait began normally as I bought the gun in Pa. at an auction I regularly purchase from. The owner delivered my pistol within 2 weeks to the Md FFL I deal with. I expected the couple week wait, as the auctioneer and I discussed his schedule that caused him to take a few weeks to get it hand delivered to the FFL. I then expected to fill out paperwork and have the gun home in about another week.

Wrong, this is when the FFL told me about the HQL BS. Then I had to move my mom to a new house and a few other things before getting the HQL process rolling. Once I got printed and submitting the MSP info, it took about 3 weeks to get approved. So now that I have my card, I can finally go to the FFL to get more paperwork filled in and then wait the final wait.

Going to head by the FFL today and fill in the papers.
    All should go smoothly then. Thanks

If you haven't already, make sure to fill out and send in the affidavit form to be a Designated Collector. It will keep you from having to wait 30 days between purchases if there might be some more regulated firearms in your future.
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmsCollectors.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom