• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    I recently decided that with my last pre-ban lower I'll be building a SPR. I'm going with a fixed stock on this, and I have everything to complete the lower besides the stock itself.

The two I have my eyes on are the magpul UBR and PRS. What do you guys with these stocks think about them? Good and bad.

Any other fixed stocks worth looking at?

Thanks guys.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Put a PRS on my dad's build, he absolutely loves it. Although I do agree it kind of limits the role the rifle can fill with it on there, at least in my mind it does.

The UBR, one of my favorite stocks when I had one. Strength of a fixed stock, adjustability of a collapsible. Only thing I didn't like was the price.

Have a Vltor sitting in my parts bin (a discontinued model), actually liked that as well. But my dad wanted something that he could get a better cheek-weld with, so off it came for the PRS.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have a yankee hill fixed stock on my bench ar that I love but would consider trading if you're interested. I thought the 18" barrel would make it way too heavy but its light enough to maneuver with so I want something cheap and adjustable for my needs. Its solid as a rock, let me know if interested. Either way, good luck on your choice.
    azyrenej.jpg

Also, the ubr is adjustable but I'm a big fan if you decide to go that route. I am for my next build but they are pricey ;)

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    Damn. I don't know why I thought the UBR was fixed. I guess it's because the top stays stationary. Eliminates that option then. Definitely wanna stay fixed as I've already got the lower built with an a2 extension and buffer/spring. This will basically be a long range precision gun anyways so I'm not worried about the maneuverability of the PRS

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    if it's for a long-range rig, get an A2 and the lead wedge that goes in the trap door of the stock. kinda hard to beat the bang-for-buck of that combo.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    I have an A2 stock at home. Maybe I'll give it a chance. I just don't like the way they look. I know, first world problems. I just wish it wasn't gray on a black gun.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I personally prefer the basic A2 stock , nothing fancy .

Agreed. Cheap and it works well.

Come to think of it, the only long guns I have with fixed stocks are my Mavvberg and bolt rifles. All my ARs, AK and MP5 have either folding or collapsible stocks. You know, so I can assault people.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have an A2 stock at home. Maybe I'll give it a chance. I just don't like the way they look. I know, first world problems. I just wish it wasn't gray on a black gun.

Degrease it and hit it with a quality gun paint like DuraCoat or Brownells AlumaHyde.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Magpul fixed carbine stock doesn't look too bad for the price (if you perfer the magpul look to the A2), although I have never handled one personally. Would love to try one though.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's

if only there was some way you could just push a button and a magic spray made it a different color... :lol2:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I use an Ace Entry (the short skeleton stock one) on my 14.5" carbine build. Means I have to push the sights a little farther down but makes a nice short setup for urban warfare once you add a more vertical pistol grip (I use the Umbrella Corp. one) and a vertical grip on the handguard. Many pros use the long Ace Skeleton one in 3-gun. This lower will be the one for my suppressed SBR if I get around to it (once I leave MD).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom