• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Just got back from the show, spent way too much cash, but could not resist.

Pretty packed house, parking was at a premium in the front, but open in the back. Used the coupons provided here for me and my wife, so thanks for posting.

As always I make to the far corner and bypass the 1st few rows and that turned out to be a good policy again. Excellent reloading seller in the back left corner, I was able to pickup Varget for $26 per lb., best price I found anywhere. They also had .22lr's AE 40g's for the cheapest I could find, .08 per, I bought all he had left. Also found large rifle primers, Federal match and Winchester, at very decent $'s. It was just nice to have a selection. No-one had Unique and someone said it won't be readily available for another 2 years, but I take that with a grain of salt. Picked up some brass and Speer target match.
    Mags were plentiful and did not seem to be overpriced, I priced some; Mini 14 20, $35, 30 $40, S&W H&P15 20 $18.
    Could not find a deal on ammo cans, 7.62x54R (one dealer had the 440 cans for $179, instead of the web normal of $75-$86, so exactly double) .223 or .308, all were pretty much normal web price plus tax, so its kind of a push with shipping. Shows are definitely the way to go with primer/powder without the hazmat shipping charge.

And of course as I wrote this I'm munching on a sour pickle, can't walk out without getting some. Peter Peppers PA Pickles, lol, garlic and sour get me everytime.

And, last but not least by a long shot, met a true gentleman, Tom R. from Glenmore Rifle and Pistol club. I could of chatted for hours, but look forward to attending there function on 2/13 if I can and chatting then.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I snagged 3 30 round Colt branded mags for $15 each, and got a really nice 1945 Mosin M44 for $275 out the door. Not an amazing price on the Mosin, but it's nice and I didn't have a 1945 one.

This was my first non-Maryland gun show. I can see why people hate on MD shows. There's nothing at the MD shows because everything is illegal.

I didn't see a single round of .22 but I sold a 1,000 brick of M22 to a vendor for $70.

I was hoping to find a PPS43 parts kit but didn't see one. I saw some mags but they were $30 which is way too much. I also wanted to find an SKS stock for my Sino soviet but struck out.

spr1

Aug 2, 2010
    Just got back from the show, spent way too much cash, but could not resist.

Pretty packed house, parking was at a premium in the front, but open in the back. Used the coupons provided here for me and my wife, so thanks for posting.

As always I make to the far corner and bypass the 1st few rows and that turned out to be a good policy again. Excellent reloading seller in the back left corner, I was able to pickup Varget for $26 per lb., best price I found anywhere. They also had .22lr's AE 40g's for the cheapest I could find, .08 per, I bought all he had left. Also found large rifle primers, Federal match and Winchester, at very decent $'s. It was just nice to have a selection. No-one had Unique and someone said it won't be readily available for another 2 years, but I take that with a grain of salt. Picked up some brass and Speer target match.
    Mags were plentiful and did not seem to be overpriced, I priced some; Mini 14 20, $35, 30 $40, S&W H&P15 20 $18.
    Could not find a deal on ammo cans, 7.62x54R (one dealer had the 440 cans for $179, instead of the web normal of $75-$86, so exactly double) .223 or .308, all were pretty much normal web price plus tax, so its kind of a push with shipping. Shows are definitely the way to go with primer/powder without the hazmat shipping charge.

And of course as I wrote this I'm munching on a sour pickle, can't walk out without getting some. Peter Peppers PA Pickles, lol, garlic and sour get me everytime.

And, last but not least by a long shot, met a true gentleman, Tom R. from Glenmore Rifle and Pistol club. I could of chatted for hours, but look forward to attending there function on 2/13 if I can and chatting then.

Which vendor had the Varget? Thanks

jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Which vendor had the Varget? Thanks

I looked through all my receipts and there's was just the plain white strip, no name. If someone was at the show, or you have a great memory; from the main door in, all the way in the far left corner. He was an older hard of hearing man and his wife. They had a large setup with wooden shelves. I did not see primer there, but I was not looking.

So sorry I didn't get there name, I actually thought of that after I left. He was yakking with some guy the whole time, so I didn't really get a chance to chat. Hope this helps.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I went with a friend on Sat. I really liked the show and was kicking myself for getting there late. We had @ 2.5 hrs, but I like to take my time and look so I felt rushed the whole time.
    They had some Type 53 Chinese for $135 out the door. Most of the SKS's were $425+

There was a guy on the right toward the back selling M44's Type 53's and 91/30's all decosmolined and with a coat of poly applied. Not sure if they were sanded, but for how smooth they were I think so. I think the Type 53's there were $185 out the door. 91/30's $175 out the door. 762x54r was overpriced as others have said.

I was kind of looking for a "truck gun" and one of the $135 Type 53's would have fit the bill, but the one I was considering had a trigger that felt funny like it didn't have much travel and required a harder pull than others I have shot. I was too late to get back to that table, but a guy had a Rossi? single shot with interchangeable 22LR and 20Ga barrels and a nylon case for everything broken down and a wood stock. Was asking $150 OTD. I thought it was neat.
    Most of the guys I asked about a truck gun or a cheap shotgun were showing me Hi-Point carbines or used $250 shotguns that just didn't fit my fixer upper budget.

That said the HiPoint 995 and 4595 prices were really good compared to the rip-off prices I have seen at the Timonium show, $299 and $308 respectively.

No 22 Magnum ammo to be found, wasn't looking for anything else really. I definitely want to go back to the next one.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    a4yda7ym.jpg
    3u8uhy9u.jpg
    zaduhy4e.jpg

lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    I went with a friend on Sat. I really liked the show and was kicking myself for getting there late. We had @ 2.5 hrs, but I like to take my time and look so I felt rushed the whole time.
    They had some Type 53 Chinese for $135 out the door. Most of the SKS's were $425+

There was a guy on the right toward the back selling M44's Type 53's and 91/30's all decosmolined and with a coat of poly applied. Not sure if they were sanded, but for how smooth they were I think so. I think the Type 53's there were $185 out the door. 91/30's $175 out the door. 762x54r was overpriced as others have said.

I was kind of looking for a "truck gun" and one of the $135 Type 53's would have fit the bill, but the one I was considering had a trigger that felt funny like it didn't have much travel and required a harder pull than others I have shot. I was too late to get back to that table, but a guy had a Rossi? single shot with interchangeable 22LR and 20Ga barrels and a nylon case for everything broken down and a wood stock. Was asking $150 OTD. I thought it was neat.
    Most of the guys I asked about a truck gun or a cheap shotgun were showing me Hi-Point carbines or used $250 shotguns that just didn't fit my fixer upper budget.

That said the HiPoint 995 and 4595 prices were really good compared to the rip-off prices I have seen at the Timonium show, $299 and $308 respectively.

No 22 Magnum ammo to be found, wasn't looking for anything else really. I definitely want to go back to the next one.

I have seen that guy with the cleaned up mosins at several of the PA shows. He seems to take alot of time removing the cosmoline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom