• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo

Aug 17, 2010
    I haven't used Troy sights before but have used GG&G sights quite a bit and I would not recommend them. I had quite a few durability issues with mine, the spring loaded retention button on the rear sight fell off several times. I had even more issues with the front sights (front sight post would fall out after extended firing). We had these on our issued M4's and it was not an isolated incident, many others had the same problems. We are moving to the Troy BUIS.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Definitly GG&G because they're made in Tucson, AZ. :-)

I have the Troy sights, they're boringly reliable and solid. They're pretty nice too.

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Definitly GG&G because they're made in Tucson, AZ. :-)

I have the Troy sights, they're boringly reliable and solid. They're pretty nice too.

I am from Arizona so maybe that figured in some....but....

I haven't used Troy sights before but have used GG&G sights quite a bit and I would not recommend them. I had quite a few durability issues with mine, the spring loaded retention button on the rear sight fell off several times. I had even more issues with the front sights (front sight post would fall out after extended firing). We had these on our issued M4's and it was not an isolated incident, many others had the same problems. We are moving to the Troy BUIS.

I have NEVER heard anyone say anything bad about Troy standard fixed and flip sights (I don't know about the other style DOA or whatever they call it).

Anything mechanical can fail, but the Troys seem more robust upon closer inspection - I shall give in to peer pressure this time :D

Troy it is. Thanks for the comments.

Lykaios

The Plastic Fantastic
    Mar 4, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Troy. And get the ones with the BCM logo. It doesn't make them better but they look cool. :D

Good thing you said something before I made the purchase. I will have to go to the Bravo Co site and check that out.

Since I have one of their uppers....why not if I can??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom