• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Holy F! After 15-20 minutes of barely moving in the parking lot I finally was able to turn around and get out of there. Maybe try again tomorrow. I can only imagine inside the show.

macauman

May 20, 2010
    It's discouraging! I was planning to go this afternoon. I've been to the show a couple times and it was never crowded at all. Is it because of the snow taking up the parking spots?

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    One of the problems is due to the deep snow there isn't as much grass parking as normal. The back left and right unpaved lots were both open. This might be a good time to go as all the people that were showing up late morning (like myself) should have left or are probably leaving by now. Anyone have a report from inside?

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    It's discouraging! I was planning to go this afternoon. I've been to the show a couple times and it was never crowded at all. Is it because of the snow taking up the parking spots?

For some reason when they hold the show at this particular time of year it's more crowded. It was last year. The one in late spring/early summer always seems less crowded. Last show there in the fall I had injured my foot and was able to park in handicapped parking right across from the entrance. :D

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    As others have said, parking was really challenging. The only way to get a spot was to become a parking lot vulture and pounce on someone's spot as they left. Lots of aggressive drivers in the lot. Inside the show was just as bad. Very crowded, and lots of folks just standing and wandering aimlessly in the aisles. For goodness sake, move your fat ass and your kids over to the side so other folks can slither past.

I didn't find MPX mags, and nothing else interested me enough to buy. Glad I went, but it's a madhouse. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Getting there first thing might help, too.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Anyone actually make it inside? Too late for today, but considering tomorrow...

I guess I got lucky... parked first try, fairly close in, no problem.

Once in, (about 12:45) it was a little crowded, but the people randomly moving sideways was almost dangerous.

A lot of chatter about Maryland laws, and some "Maryland Legal" stuff... nothing I saw screamed anti-Maryland.

Some guys selling (or at least displaying) oil filter 'attachments'.

I picked up a few little things, but the only thing I was really interested in getting was a Hi-Point 4095... and the price was ridiculous.

.22LR aplenty... provided you're willing to pay +/- 10 cents per round...

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Crowd started clearing out about 2. Did see some mp5 mags that's one table selling an mp5. I did not check the caliber.

I got there about 10. Had to park really far away. Bought all the Korean mp5 mags I could find. Also bought some other mags I needed.

One guy there had good .22lr prices. $45 for a brick of Aguila, not too bad. One booth had really great prices on thier handguns. A lot of them were C&R. Including a beautiful High Standard. It was a Supermatic with a fluted barrel. Asking price $300!

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    Once you got parked and inside it wasn't that bad. The snow banks made it a little harder to navigate but head straight back and plenty of parking. This was in the time frame of 12-3. Sorry if i was one to block. Like i explained it to my 5 year old who was with me, this was dads toy store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom