• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FAL-Ordinance

Mar 30, 2021
    Baltimore
    I went Sunday. York and Gettysburg Gun shows always go well for me. I never fail to find something I need, want or could use at either. Often find ideas on mods and other things to do with my weapons

I learned years ago that the only smart way to decide about a gun show is to go to it. If it's crap, don't return. Nobody else has the same interests as me, nobody else can give me an idea how the show would go for me and I certainly wouldn't want others looking at guns or related anything else for me (and find them gone when I get there). Besides, dealers don't bring their entire inventory to shows. Pays to talk with them

No good reasons to count on others over whether to go or not

I ended up making the drive and share the disappointment that others have mentioned. Was on the hunt for some mil-surplus parts but they were non-existent.. I spoke with one of the vendors who told me that its not worth spending the money for extra tables for them. I get that I guess, just disappointed as shows have been the only other venue to find them outside of eBay. Anyone know if the Oaks show in a few weeks will produce better results?

Btw... definitely saw some high prices. $45 for a box of 30-06? What has the world come to?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The resurgence in ammo availability has been concentrated in the handful of biggest selling cals .
    30-06 isn't one of them .

$45 is today's going rate , and simply finding it at all is a bright spot . Today , a month for now probably will be different .

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I ended up making the drive and share the disappointment that others have mentioned. Was on the hunt for some mil-surplus parts but they were non-existent.. I spoke with one of the vendors who told me that its not worth spending the money for extra tables for them. I get that I guess, just disappointed as shows have been the only other venue to find them outside of eBay. Anyone know if the Oaks show in a few weeks will produce better results?

Btw... definitely saw some high prices. $45 for a box of 30-06? What has the world come to?

As others have stated, depends on what you’re looking for. The more narrow the range of items, the greater chances of not finding something. My list always includes intangibles and entertainment (at show and nearby)

FAL-Ordinance

Mar 30, 2021
    Baltimore
    As others have stated, depends on what you’re looking for. The more narrow the range of items, the greater chances of not finding something. My list always includes intangibles and entertainment (at show and nearby)

That's a fair point. Still, who am I kidding really? You all could tell me there isn't a chance in hell that I find what I'm looking for and I'd still probably go. Thanks.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Serious question,, can't you call the typ vendors that leave this stuff back at the shop and buy from them "outside of the show" ?

FAL-Ordinance

Mar 30, 2021
    Baltimore
    Serious question,, can't you call the typ vendors that leave this stuff back at the shop and buy from them "outside of the show" ?

Funny you should mention it as I did just that with the one vendor that seemed to have parts. In contact with Petronio Firearms about what I'm looking for. He's going to see what he has on hand. Fingers crossed that I get lucky. Was mainly commenting on the fact that there seem to be less 'parts' vendors as there was in years prior. Honestly, if folks on this site have recommendations, I'm all ears. Right now specifically looking for 1917 Enfield parts for two different projects I'm working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom