• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    This is so true. I have a friend that drives all over, as in the country. It is only in the leftist areas that one sees masks. If you wear a mask in free country people wonder want is wrong with you.

My wife and I have had very serious conversations about moving. My son goes to UMCP so I could buy a condo for him to stay and I always have a place for my business trips.

I should have gone to the show today. Sounds like it was decent. Thanks for the feedback to those that went.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In PA , most of the populace ignores the Governor on masks , And the local jurisdictions mostly don't act as Governor's enforcers .

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    They announced randomly that masks were required to cover their ... but no enforcement. Nobody cared if people did or didn't wear one. Gotta love free America.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    They announced randomly that masks were required to cover their ... but no enforcement. Nobody cared if people did or didn't wear one. Gotta love free America.

I think everyone’s missing the point but I’m not going to argue about it. Is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Had some SRP $230 FOR 1000!! If these prices keep doing this,, I may have to start selling mine.

Picked up a CMMG .22 conversion and 2 extra mags from SCSG. Second show now he has made my wallet lighter.

Got a belt setup from TLG systems, good guy, local to me, (Middle river) he is active duty at Martin. His helper kind of ticked me off. Had a system advertised as $75. It had 2 pistol mags, 1 AR mag, tourniquet, knife, and holster with "cobra" buckle. She said everything minus the holster and knife was included. ( this was guys personal belt on diaplay) seemed like a decent deal so I bit on it. Came up double that price. I was "WTH?" Well she was mistaken according to the guy. So I dropped the $35 buckle and went with the standard polymer bucket.

We parked all the way back in lot "B" and had a hike.

Ammo and reload prices were absolutely nuts!

But I did find something I was looking for, for a reasonable price, from an IP here, and also found something I wanted, but wasn't really looking for from a guy local to me. so all and all a good day.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    I rolled in at 1pm and was able to park right up front. Lots of people leaving by then not crowded at all. Picked up some standard cap mags which were reasonably priced, $12 Pmags and $25 Glock mags. Also found some .308 bullets I needed, 100 for $20. Not bad show overall but as others said ammo was outrageous,

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Had some SRP $230 FOR 1000!! If these prices keep doing this,, I may have to start selling mine.

Picked up a CMMG .22 conversion and 2 extra mags from SCSG. Second show now he has made my wallet lighter.

WOW!!!
    If anyone had any lingering doubts about the State of 2A in the country right now, There's a good barometer.
    May I ask what the CMMG22 conversion kit went for. I've been seriously considering one of these myself.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    WOW!!!
    If anyone had any lingering doubts about the State of 2A in the country right now, There's a good barometer.
    May I ask what the CMMG22 conversion kit went for. I've been seriously considering one of these myself.

The kit and 2 extra mags were sub $250

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    These just replace the BCG and mag right? How reliable are they?

Correct.

Everything I have read about the CMMG kit is positive, the only issue is rifling, most .22lr is 1-16. So accuracy is not as good as a dedicated .22, but if you go with a slower 1-9 you are better than a 1-7.. some say Crack a 5.56 through when finished shooting. 22 to help clean gas system.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Correct.

Everything I have read about the CMMG kit is positive, the only issue is rifling, most .22lr is 1-16. So accuracy is not as good as a dedicated .22, but if you go with a slower 1-9 you are better than a 1-7.. some say Crack a 5.56 through when finished shooting. 22 to help clean gas system.

Interesting- I’m sure you’ll post up a range report. I’ve considered grabbing an M&P .22 but one of these might be good to have also.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Interesting- I’m sure you’ll post up a range report. I’ve considered grabbing an M&P .22 but one of these might be good to have also.

There is/was a recent thread on this very subject recently Mark with a bit more info.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=253560&highlight=cmmg+conversion

I too am tempted especially after Midway advertised the conversion for $170 in their flyer I received yesterday. I was going to post here but checked the Midway first. OOS with no backorder.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Damn 6 months ago my entire arsenal and ammo depot was worth a small hand full of thousand dollar bills... I am now a multi millionaire!:)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or shoot the Agulia 60gr .22lr .

The primers I found were $30/ 100 , or $280/ 1000 . I passed .

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Mags were plentiful and reasonably priced - considering the times, I bought a few 10 rounders :). Ammo was/is so expensive I never gave it a serious look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom