• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hi everyone, I know the ruling in the woollard case is currently stayed and that the MSP is currently using the G&S to issue permits. I would like to know what your opinion is about my chances of getting a handgun permit. I have a private pilot licence and fly single engine aircraft and I also routinly carry my pilot credentials with me and if they were ever stolen could potentially be used to gain access to a restricted area.

My thought is if doctors can get a handgun permit to protect a prescription pad and medications, shouldn't I be able to get a handgun permit to protect my pilot credentials and aircraft against acts of terrorism?

What do you think my chance is of getting a MD handgun permit?

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Not happening, but for $50 I can mail you a couple death threat letters.

Just kidding :-P

My understanding is doctos can get a handgun permit because they carry around a prescription pad and medications. Not because they necessarily deposit large sums of money. Thats why I was wondering.

Also what is considered a "large sum of money"?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 269

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hi everyone, I know the ruling in the woollard case is currently stayed and that the MSP is currently using the G&S to issue permits. I would like to know what your opinion is about my chances of getting a handgun permit. I have a private pilot licence and fly single engine aircraft and I also routinly carry my pilot credentials with me and if they were ever stolen could potentially be used to gain access to a restricted area.

My thought is if doctors can get a handgun permit to protect a prescription pad and medications, shouldn't I be able to get a handgun permit to protect my pilot credentials and aircraft against acts of terrorism?

What restricted area? No where commercial. The bad guys couldn't care less. The bad guys have their private license. You aren't as big a deal as you think. Just sayin'

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hi everyone, I know the ruling in the woollard case is currently stayed and that the MSP is currently using the G&S to issue permits. I would like to know what your opinion is about my chances of getting a handgun permit. I have a private pilot licence and fly single engine aircraft and I also routinly carry my pilot credentials with me and if they were ever stolen could potentially be used to gain access to a restricted area.

No better or worse then the rest of us.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    What restricted area? No where commercial. The bad guys couldn't care less. The bad guys have their private license. You aren't as big a deal as you think. Just sayin'

I do not think the guy is saying he is a big deal. he is saying that in this mid Atlantic reign there are allot of restricted area pilots can't fly that have been set up or widen since 9/11.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    If I were you I would try, the worst that can happen is you lose your application fees and time following the procedures infringing your 2A rights. You will have a strong case if denied, could win with the review board, or get it faster once the dust settles from judge Leggs ruling.

I have a buddy that employed 2 pilots to fly his plane around for work; both of them had permits and ccw'ed when they flew him. Not sure their status, but they were armed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I guess I didn't mean it that way. But what im saying is that everyone thinks that they may have a special circumstance, more so than someone else, to get a permit. Private pilot license is reaching. have to defend against being strong armed having his id stolen? Really?

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If I were you I would try, the worst that can happen is you lose your application fees and time following the procedures infringing your 2A rights. You will have a strong case if denied, could win with the review board, or get it faster once the dust settles from judge Leggs ruling.

I have a buddy that employed 2 pilots to fly his plane around for work; both of them had permits and ccw'ed when they flew him. Not sure their status, but they were armed.

If he owns a general aviation aircraft that flies in and out of DCA, then they were probably ASO's. Aviation security officers. Required on GA flights flying there. Requirements should be on the tsa website.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Be patient, grasshopper, judge Legg will be ruling soon, then off to the 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom