George Washington University Police Department to arm ‘specially trained’ officers with handguns by fall

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "...a professor of peace studies" :rofl:
    You have to admit, that's an impressive grift he's got going.

I wonder if he'd even consider throwing soy at someone in self-defense. Probably not.

He also coordinates the DC Peace Team which offers training in nonviolent communication, restorative justice, bystander intervention, trauma awareness, anti-racism, meditation, along with providing unarmed civilian protection deployments (2011-present).

JFC....

Last edited:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Martina Sanchez sounds like an idiot.

"...a professor of peace studies" :rofl:

Saw one of those forensic files shows yesterday about a transwoman who while still in natural man form murdered several prostitutes a few decades before DNA evidence. Police were smart enough to save some tissue from under one victim's fingernails. 20 years later, DNA allowed for an ID, but the person was a "woman" ....oh...trans....(just to add to the drama of the show). Anyway all this to point out one of the experts was a professor is a "queer criminologist."

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    That DC Peace Team website is a trip into communist revolution. This is how they get their minders and yellow-vests for protests.

My favorite page though:

Watch the "Training" video.

Sneak Peak into a Past Training:

Nonviolent Self-Defense for Youth Leaders with Black Swan Academy

In July 2022, The DC Peace Team partnered with the Black Swan Academy to host a Nonviolent Self-Defense Class and a Nonviolent Communication Training for youth leaders of Kramer and Hart Middle Schools! Watch to see the self-defense class in action at Kramer Middle School!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Martina Sanchez sounds like an idiot.
    Yuri was right:

So is Jordan:

"The idea that something should be consistent. You were talking about the necessity for consistency in ideology. It's like - I'm not hearing what you think. I'm hearing what - how you're able to represent the ideology you were taught and it's not that interesting because I don't know anything about you. I could replace you with someone else who thinks the same way and that means you're not here. That what it means. It's not pleasant. So you're not drawing - You're not integrating the specifics of your personal experience with what you've been taught to synthesize something that's genuine and surprising and engaging in a narrative sense as a consequence and that's the pathology of ideological possession. It's not good, and it's not good that I know where you stand on things once I know a few things. It's like, why have a conversation? I already know where you stand on things."

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****I know a lady who majored in "Peace Studies". She is currently (still) unemployed and being supported by her parents at the age of 26 or so. Her ideal job would be to work for the United Nations, or the World Economic Forum as a Peace Ambassador - thinking she could be sent to places like Israel to help solve their problems with the Palestinians, or to some part of Africa to get their "Strong Men" to lay down their arms and embrace fellowship and give up their tribalism so everyone could share equally in the great bounty nature has to offer.

I admire her confidence in being able to solve the up to now intractable problems in the Middle East and parts of Sub-Saharan Africa thanks to her GWU under graduate education and vast experience with all of the people she went to school (private school) in Potomac, MD, as well as at the country club her parents belong to where she was exposed to the hired help from mostly third world countries... :rolleyes:

I've spoken to her several times, and just wonder to myself how remarkably out of touch she seems to be with respect to reality, human nature, and the history of why certain regions of the world seem to always be in constant turmoil or at least very tentative situation that could boil over at anytime with widespread death and destruction, etc..

Her father is a friend of mine, and his best case scenario for his daughter is that she gets married to someone with a LOT of money, and spends her days planning family trips, perhaps volunteering distributing food boxes with sandwiches and fruit to poor people, or some such thing. His daughter doesn't want to work for a "for profit enterprise", so that kind of eliminates a lot of options right there in terms of possibly being able to earn a decent living, and living on her own while earning enough to pay rent, plus perhaps being able to pay for the new iPhone 15Max+ coming out soon enough...Perhaps even earn enough to just pay for the oil changes on her Rubicon Jeep with all of the little ducks on the dashboard...

I just shake my head and wonder WTF her parents did to raise a kid like that.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    ****I know a lady who majored in "Peace Studies". She is currently (still) unemployed and being supported by her parents at the age of 26 or so. Her ideal job would be to work for the United Nations, or the World Economic Forum as a Peace Ambassador - thinking she could be sent to places like Israel to help solve their problems with the Palestinians, or to some part of Africa to get their "Strong Men" to lay down their arms and embrace fellowship and give up their tribalism so everyone could share equally in the great bounty nature has to offer.

I admire her confidence in being able to solve the up to now intractable problems in the Middle East and parts of Sub-Saharan Africa thanks to her GWU under graduate education and vast experience with all of the people she went to school (private school) in Potomac, MD, as well as at the country club her parents belong to where she was exposed to the hired help from mostly third world countries... :rolleyes:

I've spoken to her several times, and just wonder to myself how remarkably out of touch she seems to be with respect to reality, human nature, and the history of why certain regions of the world seem to always be in constant turmoil or at least very tentative situation that could boil over at anytime with widespread death and destruction, etc..

Her father is a friend of mine, and his best case scenario for his daughter is that she gets married to someone with a LOT of money, and spends her days planning family trips, perhaps volunteering distributing food boxes with sandwiches and fruit to poor people, or some such thing. His daughter doesn't want to work for a "for profit enterprise", so that kind of eliminates a lot of options right there in terms of possibly being able to earn a decent living, and living on her own while earning enough to pay rent, plus perhaps being able to pay for the new iPhone 15Max+ coming out soon enough...Perhaps even earn enough to just pay for the oil changes on her Rubicon Jeep with all of the little ducks on the dashboard...

I just shake my head and wonder WTF her parents did to raise a kid like that.
    Incredible. What I think happened?: Her parents said "yes" to everything.

Rambo (2008) addressed this "peace studies" phenomenon pretty well:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    There is a former Episcopal Church, now gone full tranny with Montessori Peace Academy down the street.

I appreciate the Commies let me know where they congregate! :lol2:
    I'm fine with them segregating themselves in places like this.

It's the militant, revolutionary cult which is bubbling under the surface through organizations like the DC Peace Team that's the real issue. They've merely switched out their armbands for "safety" vests to organize the next "direct action".

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    These are the latest iteration of doomsday cults. The difference is that these groups want you to turn away from God for your salvation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    These are the latest iteration of doomsday cults. The difference is that these groups want you to turn away from God for your salvation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yup. In the absence of God, people create one.

Hark! It's the carbon-neutral recycled-paperboard non-binary calf!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Ah yes. The Fifteen...uh....Ten! The Ten Commandments.
    giphy.gif

Classic.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Here we go:

After incorporating input from GW community members, in late August the university completed the first phase of a multi-phase implementation process by arming two executive supervisory officers, while continuing to seek feedback on the process and other enhancements to public safety.

1: Arming Scope and Strategy
    The full implementation plan envisions arming GWPD’s supervisors only. The plan will begin at the start of the 2023 academic year with the initial arming of two executive supervisors—Chief James Tate and Captain Gabe Mullinax. Subsequently, additional supervisors will be armed in phases as requirements are met and community input is incorporated.

Chief James Tate and Captain Gabe Mullinax, two George Washington Police Department officers, have been armed since the beginning of the school year. GWPD plans for additional supervisors to be armed in phases as requirements are met, according to GWPD’s website.

Some students say they feel even more unsafe with campus officers armed, especially in the context of protests happening in the city regarding the war between Israel and Hamas.

“It’s definitely been a sense of feeling unsafe because there’s a lot of police presence with the protests,” Krone said.

The students:

GW-students-scaled-e1697556148523-300x292.jpg

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Young sheltered people have no sense of danger to their world bubble until they're reminded of outside danger.

Then they blame the police for disrupting their bubble.

Its the same mentality of putting up No Gun signs to feel safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom