• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I did this up for Scotts but he wont allow 8 day Release. I attached the Word Document.

I figured instead of deleting it another I.P. or Gunshop may make use of it. Feel free to use it, or only use parts of it, or not find use at all.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Basic Text for those without Word:

8 Day Release of a Maryland Regulated Firearm without a MSP Disposition of “Not Disapproved”

Date: ____ / ____ / ________

John does gunshop
    123 Anyplace Street
    City, State 123456
    Phone #: (000) 123-4567
    Fax: (000) 123-5678
    E-Mail: bigwangoutfitters@gmail.com

MSP 77R-2 Application Affidavit Information:

APPLICATION #: ______________________________
    ORIGINAL APPLICATION FAX DATE: ____ / ____ / ________
    RESUBMISSION FAX DATE (IF Applicable): ____ / ____ / ________
    AVAILABLE PICKUP DATE (8 Days from Submission/Resubmission Date): ____ / ____ / ________
    SALES PERSONS NAME (Last, First, Middle):
    ___________________, ____________________, _____________________
    TRANSFEREE/PURCHASERS NAME (Last, First, Middle):
    DATE OF BIRTH: ____ / ____ / ________
    DRIVERS LICENSE #: _____________________________________________
    COMPLETED MARYLAND TRAINING REQUIREMENT (YES/NO): __________
    DESIGNATED COLLECTOR (YES/NO): __________
    PURCHASERS LAST REGULATED FIREARM PURCHASE: ____ / ____ / ________
    FIREARM MAKE: _____________________________________
    FIREARM MODEL: _____________________________________
    FIREARM SERIAL #: _____________________________________
    FIREARM CALIBER: _____________________________________

Agreement and Release from Liability

I, also known as the Customer, that I am voluntarily requesting an 8 Day Maryland Regulated Firearms Release to take place with FULL knowledge of the possible consequences, and I hereby agree to accept any and all loss of property, risks, damage, injury, or death and verify this statement.

I, the Customer release JOHN DOES GUNSHOP, in any business form, and its Employees from any liability should any accident occur because of the 8 Day Maryland Regulated Firearms Release request.

I, the Customer release JOHN DOES GUNSHOP from all liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property resulting from this 8 day release request of a Regulated Firearm, without limitation, whether or not resulting from the negligence of the Customer or Customer's Agent.
    As consideration for Transfer/Sale being performed pursuant to my direction, I hereby agree that I, my assignees, heirs, distributes, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against, sue or attach the property of JOHN DOES GUNSHOP, or any of its affiliated organizations, for loss of property, risk, injuries, death, or damages resulting from disqualification or other acts by JOHN DOES GUNSHOP, or any employee, agent, or contractor of JOHN DOES GUNSHOP, or any of it affiliated organizations as a result from my request for this 8 Day Release of a Maryland Regulated Firearm without a MSP Disposition of “Not Disapproved” .

I hereby release JOHN DOES GUNSHOP and any of its affiliated organizations from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my assignees, heirs, distribute, guardians, or legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injuries or damages resulting from my request for an 8 Day Maryland Regulated Firearms Release.
    If any legal action, including a legal action in contract law, tort law or criminal law, including an action for declaratory relief is brought to enforce or interpret the provisions of this contract, or a suit of liability, then the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees from the other party. These fees which may be set by the court in the same action or in a separate action, brought for that purpose, are in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled.
    This agreement supersedes and all other agreements either oral or in writing, between the Customer and JOHN DOES GUNSHOP with respect to the subject of this contract. This release contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect an 8 day release of a Maryland Regulated Firearm and each party to this contract acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party, except those covenants and agreement embodied in this contract. No Agreement, statement or promise not contained in this contract shall be binding or valid.

I, the Customer certify that he/she is the ACTUAL BUYER of the Regulated Firearm, is 21 years of age or older, and IS NOT PROHIBITED to OWN or POSESS, ANY Maryland Regulated Firearm by ANY FEDERAL, STATE, or LOCAL LAWS.

I, the Customer acknowledge that he/she is a Resident of the STATE OF MARYLAND, and he/she has presented a VALID (NON EXPIRED) Government Issued Identification to prove identity.

I, the Customer understand that JOHN DOES GUNSHOP reserves the right to refuse ANY CUSTOMER REQUEST for an "8 Day Release of a Maryland Regulated Firearm without a Maryland State Police Disposition of NOT DISAPPROVED” for ANY reason.

I, the Customer understand that if I am found to be DISQUALIFIED/DENIED/DISAPPROVED to OWN/POSESS a Maryland Regulated Firearm after leaving the Store with the Regulated Firearm, that JOHN DOES GUNSHOP WILL NOT notify the Customer in ANY way. The Maryland State Police or assigned Law Enforcement Agency will contact the Customer to recover the Firearm.

I, the Customer understand that if I am DISQUALIFIED/DENIED/DISAPPROVED for the PURCHASE or TRANSFER of a Regulated Firearm after leaving the Store, that said Firearm/s WILL be seized by appropriate Law Enforcement.

I, the Customer understand that JOHN DOES GUNSHOP WILL NOT offer any Reimbursement or Refund if a purchased Firearm is seized by Law Enforcement after leaving the store with the Regulated Firearm.

I, the Customer understand that JOHN DOES GUNSHOP WILL turn over ALL necessary documents to the Maryland State Police and necessary Law Enforcement Agencies if requested.

Customers Name: ________________________________________________________
    Customers Signature: ______________________________________________________
    Date: _________________________

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Thanks Chad, a couple of my friends are also FFLs' out here in the western part of the state. I'm sure they will appreciate it. Great job

Thanks again :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Here is the MSP Resubmit Cover Sheet I made up that will also not be used my Scotts.

Feel free to use it however anyone sees fit. its attached via Word Document.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Basic Text for the MSP Fax Cover Sheet for those without MS Word

Eighth Day Release of a Regulated Firearm

Date: ____ / ____ / ________

John does gunshop
    Maryland Licensed Dealer # 012345
    123 Anyplace Street
    City, State 123456
    Phone #: (000) 123-4567
    Fax: (000) 123-5678
    E-Mail: bigwangoutfitters@gmail.com

MSP 77R-2 Application Affidavit Information:

APPLICATION #: ______________________________
    DEALER SALE (YES/NO): __________
    GUN SHOW SALE (YES/NO): __________
    ORIGINAL APPLICATION FAX DATE: ____ / ____ / ________
    RESUBMISSION FAX DATE: ____ / ____ / ________
    AVAILABLE PICKUP DATE (8 Days from Resubmission Date): ____ / ____ / ________

SALES PERSONS NAME (Last, First, Middle):

TRANSFEREE/PURCHASERS NAME (Last, First, Middle):

DATE OF BIRTH: ____ / ____ / ________
    DRIVERS LICENSE #: _____________________________________________
    COMPLETED MARYLAND TRAINING REQUIREMENT (YES/NO): __________
    DESIGNATED COLLECTOR (YES/NO): __________
    PURCHASERS LAST REGULATED FIREARM PURCHASE: ____ / ____ / ________
    FIREARM MAKE: _____________________________________
    FIREARM MODEL: _____________________________________
    FIREARM SERIAL # : _____________________________________
    FIREARM CALIBER: _____________________________________

"The Maryland State Police Licensing Division is dedicated to keeping our Regulated Firearms Dealers better informed regarding the progress being made with respect to the processing of the 55,910
    Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm forms. It is our hope that this weekly email helps dealers respond to its customers and offers them the ability to better coordinate its plans of operation. It is our hope that this weekly correspondence will provide you with information and reduce your need to contact us for “Frequently asked questions.”
    The Firearms Registration Section is currently processing applications received on March 21, 2013 for initial reviews while secondary reviews are working on applications received on March 06, 2013. In keeping with our commitment to public safety, a new NICS check will be conducted for those applications having a NICS expiration date due to expire within 5 days of being stamped "Not Disapproved".
    We have received requests for information from dealers regarding the release of Regulated firearms on the 8th day. These are applications in which guns are released prior to receiving a NICS number. Dealers releasing regulated firearms on the 8th day, that are on the fax program, will submit the MSP Copy of the Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm with a notice attached to each application with the following statement, “Eighth day release of a regulated firearm.” It is imperative that the written notice of an “Eighth day release” be attached, not written on the actual application to ensure that we process them correctly.
    Dealers releasing regulated firearms that are mailing applications by certified mail, and have submitted a Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm will complete a second application. The dealer will write, “Duplicate,” above the application number. In addition, the dealer will cross out the application number at the top of the “Duplicate” form and will write the application number of the initial application.
    5-123. Time for licensee to complete trans-actions
    (d) Notification of completed transaction.
    (1)(i) A licensee who sells, rents, or transfers a regulated firearm in compliance with this sub-title shall forward a copy of the written notification of the completed transaction to the Secretary within 7 days after delivery of the regulated firearm.
    In an effort to provide guidance regarding the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, scheduled to become effective October 1, 2013, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division is currently working with State partners such as the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention, Maryland State’s Attorney’s Association, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Maryland Chiefs of Police Association, Maryland Sheriffs’ Association, and the Maryland Attorney General to plan and provide training seminars which will be offered regionally beginning in September. More information regarding training times, dates and locations will be published once the information is confirmed. "
    Lieutenant Jerry Beason
    Assistant Commander
    Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Rd
    Pikesville, MD 21208
    410-653-4500
    Please do not respond to this email.”

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    can confirm this as well. I got a call from my dealer in Pasadena(A1 Pawn) I have been waiting on some demo rifles for to clear MSP so I can start selling them. He told me I can pick them up ASAP. But, I must sign a waiver and he is only releasing to individuals he knows well and Police Officers

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom