• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'll eventually clean the gun, after the new sights go on. Order another 2 cases of the same ammo, and see if the light strikes re-occur.

Speer 125gr FMJ, loaded to identical specs as the Gold-dots.

*If we didn't have the HQL BS, I'd have just bought a Glock instead. Having a factory one to test against with the same ammo/maintenance schedule would be the way to go.
    You are welcome to shoot my G31

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    31J1yFAxAlL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

To me you kinda destroyed your gun. It is very ugly what you've done to it.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I'll just refer you to your previous picture...

Lol no doubt, thatswone of the worst job's I've seen done to a pistol. Id rather slap some skateboard tape or something on it before I start just slashing into the actual frame of the gun.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You are welcome to shoot my G31

:thumbsup:

I still got a few hundred rounds left, not quite enough to see if a factory complete G31 has a light strike close to 1500 rounds, w/out cleaning. But it'd be interesting to see if they 'feel' any different during live-fire.

My M&P in 357SIG was somewhat uncomfortable to shoot for extended periods, the P80 lower - I knock out 300-500 rounds per trip, no issues, no sore hands after.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I still got a few hundred rounds left, not quite enough to see if a factory complete G31 has a light strike close to 1500 rounds, w/out cleaning. But it'd be interesting to see if they 'feel' any different during live-fire.

My M&P in 357SIG was somewhat uncomfortable to shoot for extended periods, the P80 lower - I knock out 300-500 rounds per trip, no issues, no sore hands after.
    I have never cleaned my G31. I put 500 rounds through it plus whatever blaster229 put through it before he sold it to me. No issues at all.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have never cleaned my G31. I put 500 rounds through it plus whatever blaster229 put through it before he sold it to me. No issues at all.

Although I also have to wonder if my light-strikes were because of the one time I just threw a few drops of oil into the slide, migrated into the striker channel??

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep. Just pulled the cover plate off, I may have been a bit too generous with the lube...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom