• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Picking it up on thursday and looking for a kydex holster. I have heard conflicting reports that the gen 4 will fit gen 3 holsters. I called comptac and they said their holsters for the gen 3 will not fit the gen 4. Anybody have a gen 4 or know for sure if any gen 3 holsters will fit it? Thanks

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    I really like Safariland ALS holsters. Then again, I don't have any experience with other holsters. Just my little bit.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Did some research on it while I was shopping for a Gen4 34, and most of the major holster manufacturers advertise gen3 34 holster will not fit gen4.

Bought something else instead of the 34... sorry don't have one to actually try it out.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    I have a blackhawk and I use a safariland for competition with gen 3's so I guess worst case senario, I will find out if I have to special order one on thursday when I try it out..

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Did they change anything more than the standard gen4 altercations on the 34? I have a Comp tac holster for my 19, didn't specify generation. The overall dimensions didn't really change except for the grip. Do they happen to charge more for the "Gen4 holster"?...

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    from what I read, only Glock 34/35 has Gen3/Gen4 holster issue.

The rest of full size and compact glocks should work between both generation.

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    c6e4c89a-661b-620d.jpg

My 34 gen 4 sits in a serpa for a 17, sticks out the front a bit but works great

Small pic attached

jbollman

MDCreeper
    Jul 9, 2009
    I had the same issue and ended up with a G-Code holster. The Gen 4 fits fine.

I also have a blackhawk for a G19, The barrel sticks out the bottom, but it retains fine. You just have to be aware the gun can be pushed up from the bottom. All depends on what you are using it for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom