• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Finally got the Glock out to the range. Setup two targets 15 yards away.

I have to say that the Glocksters here on the forum are right. The Glock is not outrageously exciting to shoot. In fact, it's a little dull. No bells and whistles, no sonic booms or fireworks.

That said, it does exactly what it promises to do. It shot everytime...well almost everytime....as a newbie to Glock I think I limpwristed it...got a stovepiped shell just once. Adjusted my grip and it was smooth sailing from there. I had no issue with the trigger, and the supposed ejection problems I read about were virtually nonexistent. I'm a lefty. Only got one shell in the face. The others went way clear of me.

It's stupidly accurate. In fact, I tried NOT to be accurate with it and it wouldn't let me. I shot singles....I shot rapidly....every time, the round went in the area I was intending it to go to.

Pros- It's a Glock and does what it is supposed to do.
    Cons- I only took one box of 9mm.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the choice.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    It's not exciting, but it does work quite well. If I was purely a practical man, all of my handguns would be Glocks or revolvers.

...I'm hugely impractical.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I had no issue with the trigger, and the supposed ejection problems I read about were virtually nonexistent. I'm a lefty. Only got one shell in the face. The others went way clear of me.

To my knowledge the ejection problems were only on the post January 2010 compacts and subcompacts, not the full sized glocks like the 17. Pretty much all of the problems were with the newer 19's, a few people posted issues about the 26 but not nearly as many as the 19.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    To my knowledge the ejection problems were only on the post January 2010 compacts and subcompacts, not the full sized glocks like the 17. Pretty much all of the problems were with the newer 19's, a few people posted issues about the 26 but not nearly as many as the 19.

The only ejection problem I had was a stovepipe because I limpwristed the gun on the first magazine....I am very pleased with the gun.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    The only ejection problem I had was a stovepipe because I limpwristed the gun on the first magazine....I am very pleased with the gun.

I think the limpwristing thing is very overblown and typically an excuse for guns that don't work. I've deliberately tried to induce a malfunction in my G19 and G21 by limpwristing, and have been unable to do so. Neither does my 115lb girlfriend who is weak.

Think you just had a bobble. What ammo were you using?

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I think the limpwristing thing is very overblown and typically an excuse for guns that don't work. I've deliberately tried to induce a malfunction in my G19 and G21 by limpwristing, and have been unable to do so. Neither does my 115lb girlfriend who is weak.

I was using the $13 Federal Walmart stuff. It probably was the ammo...

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Yeah, I'm not 100% sure but I think Federal bulk 9mm is among the weakest ammo one can buy, even compared to WWB and Remington UMC.

I'm evaluating what defense ammo I'm gonna use. It's my carry gun, so I want decent ammo. I'm not gonna hand load for the Glock.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I'm not gonna hand load for the Glock.

No issues handloading for a glock. I handload for mine. Load it to the middle powder wise, give yourself an extra hundredth on COAL (keeping under max), make sure you crimp and you'll be fine. I do it all the time. 125 leadsafe rainier bullet, 4.0 of bullseye, over a federal small pistol primer. COAL of 1.100. Works like a charm.

If you had any idea how many glocks I have, you'd shit your pants. I love glocks. I'm gonna name my first son, well his name may be remington, but my second son will surely be glock.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    No issues handloading for a glock. I handload for mine. Load it to the middle powder wise, give yourself an extra hundredth on COAL (keeping under max), make sure you crimp and you'll be fine. I do it all the time. 125 leadsafe rainier bullet, 4.0 of bullseye, over a federal small pistol primer. COAL of 1.100. Works like a charm.

If you had any idea how many glocks I have, you'd shit your pants. I love glocks. I'm gonna name my first son, well his name may be remington, but my second son will surely be glock.

Beat you to it. My grandson's name is Remington :D

I don't know why I didn't buy one of these sooner. For one, I was not carrying. As a carry gun, it's perfect for me. I think I'm gonna get a 19 next.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina

So Glock will have come from your....

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I like the feel of the Gen 4 grip, but I don't think I'll find another Gen 4 for what I paid for this one. It will probably be an older one.

You can try your luck at finding a Gen 3 with RTF2 grip (fish gills or not).

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Actually, the only failures I have ever had with my 9mm M&P was when I was very tired and it was at the end of a range session. I had a stretch of 8 to 10 work days and then on my first day off I went shooting. I had fired my S&W and one of my 1911s and I had two issues at the end. I use either PMC Bronze or Speer FMJ. Zero issues with either load in the gun.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think the limpwristing thing is very overblown and typically an excuse for guns that don't work.
    No, I've seen it in action, so to speak. Range rental with a lady friend who was new to shooting pistols (and therefore a little limp-wristed). The thing had FTL after FTL when she was shooting it, zero FTLs when I was shooting it.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB

Attachments

• _DSC6058.jpg
      _DSC6058.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 178

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads