• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    Finally entered the 21st century and bought a glock. I'm about to go out of town and won't get a chance to shoot it for a while. I couldn't pass up the deal and the DE frame is supposed to be a limited run.

Interestingly it came with a gen 4 manual.

Pretty stoked! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339530771.700849.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339530783.753686.jpg

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Congrats! Welcome to the darkside.

And I love the FDE frame. That's why I bought a Gen3 FDE G19 when it was first announced that Lipsey's would be getting them. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite Glocks.

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    Question:

the only 9mm defensive ammo I have laying around currently is +p+ federal hydrshoks. I know it's not ideal since bonded ammo has become so prevalent, but I figure it'll get the job done better than the low-spec WWB in my closet. I've heard reports about KB's with glocks. Is it safe to shoot +P+ ammo out of this thing? It is the 3 pin frame.

Also, do I need to clean this thing before shooting, or take it as is? Do I need to add lubrication or is this copper grease good enough? Thanks.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    I like the FDE frame:thumbsup:
    You should at least disassemble the new firearm and do a visual inspection of the internals followed by a function check
    I always put a little extra lube on a new gun, and I haven't had any issues. Not sure on the +P+ ammo, my Glock is a G20.

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    I like the FDE frame:thumbsup:
    You should at least disassemble the new firearm and do a visual inspection of the internals followed by a function check
    I always put a little extra lube on a new gun, and I haven't had any issues. Not sure on the +P+ ammo, my Glock is a G20.

I took it apart and did a quick visual inspection. It looks like everything is in place, but I'm not glock armorer.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Congrats! Welcome to the darkside.

And I love the FDE frame. That's why I bought a Gen3 FDE G19 when it was first announced that Lipsey's would be getting them. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite Glocks.

Wait a minute... how many FDE frames will be made? I know they canned ODG a couple years back along with the RTF2, and I'm sad I never got a chance to get one.

I'm saving for a 17L... wonder if it will be available in FDE? :) ETA: Nope, just found out these were ordered by Lipsey's. I've heard that an order of 5k or more has to be made for colored frames. So there should be a decent amount of these out there. Damn I want a 17L more than I want FDE... and black is always in style ;)

Guess I can keep my eyes peeled for an ODG or FDE frame on GunBroker.

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    Wait a minute... how many FDE frames will be made? I know they canned ODG a couple years back along with the RTF2, and I'm sad I never got a chance to get one.

I'm saving for a 17L... wonder if it will be available in FDE? :)

they did a limited run for lipsey's and they did some in gen 3 and some in gen4. I think they only did the most popular models.

There's an ad in a gun magazine I have from lipseys that lists I think it is:

Glock models: 17, 19, 22, 23, 21 and gen 4 equivalents. I think that's it for FDE and they have to come through lipseys.

I read on another forum that glock will make them in virtually any color but you have to order 100,000+. Don't know if that's true or not.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Very nice. I haven't seen a FDE Glock in the flesh yet, but I love my black ones and my OD 19.

Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Supposedly there will be another run to be delivered to Lipsey's around September. I believe they did half earlier this year and are doing the last half for the second run. At least that's the info I found when researching during the first production run. Don't quote me on any of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom