• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SW6906user

Ok so I need some advice. I have the Gentech Tundra 9mm suppressor w/ a Silenceco barrel on a Glock 19 gen 4. I shot it on a cold rainy day with no problems when I first got it (about 300 rounds) and again last thursday(hot & humid). Well last thursday I got through about 6 shots and then it was constant feed issues. Do you guys think the feed issues were due to heat & humid or a dirty suppressor or barrel? I broke out the manual (because RIF, but I must be reading to much into it) and it says as a "general rule" suppressors have a longer life if no attempts are made at cleaning. Is that true?? It says to blow it out with compressed air and "spray" the inside with Break Free (it says earlier not to use any chems on the inside???) And the LID needs to be lubed with heavy grease every 300 rounds. Can this thing really be that sensitive that at exactly (or near) 300 rounds I have to lube it up??

Any tips would be appreciated, I really want to improve the reliability (as a side note the barrel and the Glock alone are fine together and I know the Glock needs a cleaning, it's been about 1,000 rounds with no cleaning just lube).

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    For a non-serviceable can just clean the LID. I put lithium grease on the threads... not sure if I should or if CLP is good enough. No need to clean the suppressor body itself as it is self-cleaning

What I should be doing is cleaning the LID and the suppressor before the Silicone soak. Sometimes I do and take it apart prior to soaking and wipe with a paper towel. More often I just separate the LID from the suppressor and soak in Dot5 Silicone Oil, until I remember to clean them.

As for the suppressor body I take it apart and just wipe with a paper towel as the overnight soak seems to make most of the gunk wipeable with a paper towel. I use a dental pick if there is stubborn gunk (mostly on rimfire baffles).
    For my monocore gemtech I would clean with patches, for baffles just wipe with a paper towel and patches/old cotton shirt. Enough silicone oil seems to remain to make the next wipe down. Then again I soak my suppressor within the same week that I went shooting.

Here's where I got an idea about the Dot5 Silicone soak. http://www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html

I don't really clean them to like new condition. I also do not do the oven heating thing as my wife did not want any non-food stuff in the oven. Happy Wife...Happy Life. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom