• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    There was/is a huge thread on ARFCOM and this deal is discussed:
    http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=434983&page=22

It seems like this seller gets a bunch in at a time and sells them on GB, so around Feb 2015 they sold ~11 @ $295.

And now they have the deal up again for 13 cans.... make that 12.:party29:

EDIT: I was going to hold out for the Sig SRD556 thread-on which is much lighter but also in the $485-545 range. My thought process is that 5 years from now I am going to kick myself for not getting this Trek at this price.

I will report back hopefully in 6 weeks when the F3 clears.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So are these worth it? How much do dealers around here charge to transfer a can? After the transfer, is it still a deal?

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Well hell.

Thanks rayrevolver. Now I've got yet another can in the NFA queue. I've heard the branches are focusing on Form3's now so I'll probably get this in 9-12 months. *sigh*

It may not be the latest and greatest design with unobtainium alloy, but for less than $300 it seems like a great dedicated suppressor.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    My dealer charges $100 in SOMD. Even if they gave them away it would still cost $300 after the stamp and transfer.

The only cheaper way is to Form1 and build your own.

If you have a bunch of suppressors and will dedicate a short upper to the Trek, I think it's worth it at the price point. End of the day 5.56 ARs are loud regardless of the can, this will take the edge off. I will still wear plugs when I shoot it.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Well hell.

Thanks rayrevolver. Now I've got yet another can in the NFA queue. I've heard the branches are focusing on Form3's now so I'll probably get this in 9-12 months. *sigh*

It may not be the latest and greatest design with unobtainium alloy, but for less than $300 it seems like a great dedicated suppressor.

You are welcome.;)

Apparently my wife does not think this is a good deal, or worth it, or why do you need more than 1, or please think about the children.

My plan is a dedicated 11.5 (or 12.5) that will NOT run without a suppressor.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Got one!

Sorry, it was just too good to pass up. It'll be perfect for my dedicated 10" AR-15 SBR build.

Thank you rayrevolver for looking out for the rest of us.

What other forum threads or websites do you monitor to find these deals?

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    These guys must have A TON of these laying around. Just posted another 20 for sale!

If you need more time to mull this deal over... If I wasn't already in trouble for buying gun stuff I might buy another one. It would be nice to have everything suppressed all the time.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    Form 3 was sent on 6/15. Should show up at my local SOT tomorrow. 25 days for a Form 3 is awesome.

I hope the ATF can speed up the E-Form 1s and Form 4s. Those seem to have slowed way down since the end of last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom