• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's also "only" .30 cal, so you can't fire any larger calibers through it like with other cans like the Hybrid.

Basically, it seems like a nice can, but it doesn't have any crazy features that any other sturdily-built .30cal can wouldn't have. Gemtech uses Inconel for the baffle stack, but there are better materials, like Stellite, out there.

Honestly for the money I would probably be buying something else - a Rugged Surge, a Saker, etc.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I only buy SilencerCo due to their superb customer support. They even pay to ship the item back to them! Here lately, Gemtech's support is spotty at best and have long turnaround times. I'm now a SilencerCo exclusive purchaser (fanboy).

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I've had amazing customer service experiences with Gentech. Been dealing with them since 2004. Sorry you had a bad experience. I recently sent a can in for service. It was received on Tuesday this week and was immediately shipped back out repaired same day. Came home today.

mgrs

Nov 30, 2013
    I can't comment on "the one" but I do have a G5 that has been flogged for years on select fire guns, SBRs, etc. The G5 seems to share the same mount type at least with "the one."

- The mounting system will wobble slightly and I have POI shift on all of my guns, but the shift is repeatable. I zero with the can and always shoot with it. Attaching/detaching it does not move POI perceptibly at 100y.

- I don't know about the stellite vs. inconel metallurgy debate, but you are going to have work pretty hard to wear out an inconel stack unless you have a machinegun. If you use a brake, you may never wear it out as the brake baffles absorb a most of the blast. My G5 is an older unit that only has an inconel insert pinned to the blast baffle. It is been used in f/a guns and SBRs without a brake mount and shot enough to glow under NODs. The baffle insert is eroded around the edges but it is still noticeably quieter than larger bore 5.56 suppressors like a SOCOM RC.

-Gemtech CS, although I have not used it, offered to replace my baffle stack and end cap for $200. My G5 has a endcap strike and the end cap itself has been knocked slightly off center from shooting the can off. It looks like newer gemtechs have a tougher weld line.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I've had amazing customer service experiences with Gentech. Been dealing with them since 2004. Sorry you had a bad experience. I recently sent a can in for service. It was received on Tuesday this week and was immediately shipped back out repaired same day. Came home today.

I've sent Gemtech a Quicksand with a seized muzzle brake. Its been a month now. They've confirmed receiving the unit, but that's about it.

In a different phone call, I once inquired the replacement of the blast baffle on the Quicksand, whenever it becomes majorly eroded. I was told "you'll have to buy a new suppressor" ... yeah f-that. :sad20: Maybe I got the office idiot that day, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom